Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

streetfoldsfive

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 28, 2012
I'M TRYING to root my Verizon Note II with Casual. However, Having some trouble getting it to work. Does anyone have any knowledge of Casual or Rooting on a mac in general? Really desperate.

Assault

macrumors 6502a
Mar 19, 2013
in the taint

NowhereOutThere

macrumors member
Jan 7, 2012
With the Note II, you should be able to use Chainfire's ExynosAbuse apk to root the phone in a single step... at least, that is what I did with my AT&T Note II.

tbayrgs

macrumors 604
Jul 5, 2009
This guy's website is very informative, and makes rooting an easy step by step to follow;

http://galaxynote2root.com/galaxy-note-2-root/how-to-root-verizon-galaxy-note-2-sch-i605/

I used the same guys other tutorial to root my AT&T Note 2 on my Mac--not difficult at all, took about 5-10 min total. Only thing he left off the guide was to make sure you have USB Debugging option turned on in Developer settings (problematic if you're not familiar with rooting yet, thankfully wasn't my first time).

streetfoldsfive

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 28, 2012
I used the same guys other tutorial to root my AT&T Note 2 on my Mac--not difficult at all, took about 5-10 min total. Only thing he left off the guide was to make sure you have USB Debugging option turned on in Developer settings (problematic if you're not familiar with rooting yet, thankfully wasn't my first time).

It doesnt seem to have anything for verizon on Mac

SlCKB0Y

macrumors 68040
Feb 25, 2012
Sydney, Australia
elaborate. What are we missing ? I assume rooting is some slang term in Australia for fecking .....

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=rooting

rooting

In America it means cheering, in Australia it means *******ing. (sexual intercourse)
Jim Courier, the American tennis player, was commenting on a match for Australian television. A female player was close to victory on court, while the players for the next match wanted her to close out the match so they could get on court. Courier, "There's two guys in the locker room rooting loudly for her."

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.