anyone have any tips on reasonably priced auto insurance?

Discussion in 'Community' started by eyelikeart, Mar 25, 2003.

1. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

So I have a 2003 Toyota Matrix XRS. I have over 10 years of accident free driving, no minor violations in over 4 years, and am 25 years old...

why the hell is my auto insurance exactly the same price it was before I turned 25?! :rolleyes:

I have State Farm currently. On my birthday, in October, my rate dropped $50 a month. Since then, it has steadily gone back up to what it was before and I'm pissed off...

2. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

Progressive has been inexpensive for me,also go with the highest deductible you can afford.

3. Taft macrumors 65816

Taft

Re: anyone have any tips on reasonably priced auto insurance?

I'd chalk it up to an increased threat of terrorism.

No one's car is safe!!!

:D

Taft

4. Ifeelbloated macrumors regular

Go to the Dewey, Cheatum and Howe Insurance group. If you get in an accident they utilize the law offices of R.A. Shyster.

5. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

6. LethalWolfe macrumors G3

LethalWolfe

Join the Reserves long enough to get USAA then quit. :p

Lethal

7. strider42 macrumors 65816

strider42

Re: anyone have any tips on reasonably priced auto insurance?

Just a thought, your car is new. Where your previous cars new as well. The more a car is worth, the more expensive the insurance. Also state farm did adjust their rates a little bit this year. It affected me but not much.

Also, do you have the same level of insurance? You should check and see exactly what coverage you have and make sure its the same as it used to be.

Also make sure you have any multiple line discounts being applied, like if you have renters insurance with them also or something like that.

I priced out some other places and found statefarm to be competitive. Whats more, they have always had really incredible service with my family, so I'm inclined to stay with them for now myself.

8. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

USAA is a great company. I have all of my insurance with them. Also use them for banking. If you have someone in your family that is military, it might be possible to join USAA!