Anyone have experience with external ink systems for Epson?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by munckee, Jan 31, 2007.

1. munckee macrumors 65816

Oct 27, 2005
    Specifically a 1280? We just picked up a used one last night at a good price and would like to get it cranking. We particularly like the idea of not having to pay out the nose for ink, so the possibility of an external reservoir system is of interest. Pros/cons?
  2. munckee thread starter macrumors 65816

Oct 27, 2005
  3. macrumors 6502a

Apr 21, 2006
    External Ink

I have used external ink systems for a long time on HP printers and some Epsons.

Get a system with good quality construction: Use Google and Ebay as resources.

You really want a "sponge-less" system as the others dry out and become really problematic.

Here are a few websites to get you going. The first website, CuteMaker, is in china -- you can order direct from them. You have to wire the money first but they are so cheap and they are reliable. As for "Lily" via the email -- you can tell her I sent you as I have bought from them in the past -- this is a big deal in Asia -- My name is Dante.

Let me know if this info helps, please, send me a private email or email me at

4. munckee thread starter macrumors 65816

Oct 27, 2005
    Thanks. I'll take a look, but buying from some oddball place in china feels a little :confused: to me.
  5. joaoferro99 macrumors member

Feb 14, 2008
    S. California
    here is one of them with all the details and installation and waste ink setup.