Anyone have the JBL Encounters?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by yoak, Sep 29, 2006.

1. yoak macrumors 65816

yoak

The Apple store in Norway have 20% off on the Encounters, and I´m tempted to get a pair for my new iMac.
    I have never been able to listen to them in person, so if anyone care to share their thoughts on them I would appreciate it.

Thanks

2. CaptainCaveMann macrumors 68000

CaptainCaveMann

I know they have recieved pretty good reviews. Google them and im sure you will find all you need to know. If anyone needs me ill be in my cave. Thanks. :cool:

3. yoak thread starter macrumors 65816

yoak

Thanks Captain, I did Google and they seem pretty ok. Still would like some first hand experience from MR users though

4. suneohair macrumors 68020

suneohair

I have them. I think they are great. They look awesome and sound great.

I bought them refurbished on eBay for $30. Best $30 ever.

I would highly recommend them.

5. ravenvii macrumors 604

ravenvii

I bought a pair for my mother's Mac mini. Got them refurbished off eBay for 10 bucks. Yep, ten dollas. Sounds great, looks great and works great. Don't expect earth shattering bass or something, it's just a simple 2.0 computer speakers. For what it is, it's really great.

6. xfiftyfour macrumors 68030

xfiftyfour

I don't have the encounters, but I have the JBL creature IIs, and the sound is great. I'd definitely trust any of JBL's lines.

7. wchong macrumors 6502

for $100 you could get the harman kardon soundsticks II for a better quality sound

8. JDN macrumors 6502a

The harmon karmons dont have superior quality sounds. I have the creature II's and i prefer then to the HK's. I spent 30 mins in a shop playing different types of music on them, the JBLs just seemed more natural. I did also listen to the encounters i think, but they were too expensive. Excellent quality, and will last ages.

9. yoak thread starter macrumors 65816

yoak

Thanks for the input guys. I´m not expecting "huge" sound, and I never really play loud anymore (fatherhood, you don´t want anyone to wake up, belive me;) )

10. CoMpX macrumors 65816

CoMpX

I bought then for $150 at the Apple Store. Great speakers. Awesome bass for my needs. They look nice too.

11. suneohair macrumors 68020

suneohair

The encounters are a 2.1 system and the bass is pretty good.