Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

haiggy

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 20, 2003
Ontario, Canada
So I was listening to some music today... and the vocal levels of the song are completely dropped. The background music is normal loudness and you can barely hear the voices if at all. This is for like every song! Anybody have this problem? Anyone know how I can fix it?

panoz7

macrumors 6502a
Nov 21, 2005
Raleigh, NC
Have you checked your equalizer settings? Perhaps they got messed up in the update.

They got rid of the equalizer button in 7 but you can still get it with command-2.

PlaceofDis

macrumors Core
Jan 6, 2004
very odd issue. :confused:

make sure your speakers are connected correctly if you're using externals.
play the files on another computer/device to make sure its not your speakers going/gone.
equalizer settings...

panoz7

macrumors 6502a
Nov 21, 2005
Raleigh, NC
Mitthrawnuruodo said:
Not without defining that shortcut yourself in System preferences. Luckily you can still go View -> Show Equalizer. ;)

My bad. I don't even remember defining that... I sure do love subconscious bug fixes.

haiggy

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 20, 2003
Ontario, Canada
The Equalizer settings are the exact same. I deleted prefs and its the same thing. Its a problem with every song. They work fine on my iPod. My speakers are fine too.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.