Anyone have this laptop case?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by The General, Jan 18, 2007.

1. The General macrumors 601

2. CaptainCaveMann macrumors 68000

CaptainCaveMann

I have the 15 inch version in black for my tibook. Best case ive ever owned. I also had one for my 12 inch ibook and loved it. Its a good buy and great quality. In fact the case is better quality then my powerbook! Go figure. Hahah

3. extraextra macrumors 68000

extraextra

You mean if there's room in the bag for your MBP + a 1" thick book? I think it would just barely fit in, but it would fit as long. I have the same case for several computers and it's snug.

4. ITASOR macrumors 601

ITASOR

There won't be any room for a book in there, I had the same one for my iBook. Maybe a magazine at most...really meant for computer and a few papers.

5. extraextra macrumors 68000

extraextra

I just tried it with a Macbook and a 1/2" thick book, it fit, but just barely. I think 1" will be too big.

6. ITASOR macrumors 601

ITASOR

Even if it does fit, you don't want the added pressure against your computer's display. I wouldn't do it.

7. The General thread starter macrumors 601

8. allisonv7 macrumors 6502

9. Ish macrumors 68000

Ish

Can't help with that particular bag as the link's timed out but I love my backpack bag. It's not a particular brand, just one I bought in a sale in the town. Easy to carry, holds lots of other stuff too. If you're worried about the screen, put your other stuff against the bottom side of the laptop.

Attached Files:

10. Addo macrumors member

I can't see what bag your link refers to, but I recently bought myself a Crumpler Horseman ( I think) I have to admit they is quite a lot of storage and it has a built in sleeve that your MBP will slide into.

This built in sleeve......I have always used Tucano sleeves and both my 17"MBP and my MB live inside them. However my new Crumpler only just about accepts my 17" MBP without the sleeve - with the Tucano on I reckon the built in sleeve is about 10mm short on the width/length.

Other than that I quite like my crumpler!:)

11. rdp5008 macrumors regular

rdp5008

I have a Crumpler Part and Parcel bag for sale. Works with 14" iBook and 15" PowerBook & MacBook Pro.

I currently use a Timberland backpack with a padded laptop pocket.

12. brendanryder macrumors 6502a

brendanryder