Anyone Have Verizon Razr V3c

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by CompUser, Jul 7, 2006.

1. CompUser Guest

Hi everyone,

I have a Verizon V3c and I have had it since around christmas. I have been noticing a lot that it freezes quite frequently. What I mean by freezing is when I press a button it makes the beep noise but nothing happens- the only way to make the phone respond is to close it and open it again (sometimes you have to remove the battery).

Additionally, every so often I open the phone when it has been on for a while and there is this black screen that says "verizon wireless" (like the startup screen). I close the phone and open it and it is fine.

Also, today I tried to turn my phone ON so I pressed the on button- the screen lights up and then it goes through the the turning off screen and makes the turning off noise and nothing happened. I eventually turned the phone off- I plugged it in for about a 1/2hr, pressed the power button and the keypad lights up and nothing happens. I unplug the phone, press the power button- and it goes through the turning off screen and sound.

My friend has a razr too and his freezes a lot too and the phone displaying the black verizon wireless screen happens frequently.

Is anyone else having these problems. I think I am going to go the the Verizon store and complain.

Oh yes- how could I forget, about 80% of the time I press the external little button on the left side of the phone (when shut)- it emits this annoying high pitched squealing noise that bothers other people and scares my dog (similar sound to his invisible fence warning beep)

Sorry for this little rant- its really starting to annoy me.
  2. iShane macrumors 6502a

Jan 7, 2006
    New York
    I had one. It did basically the same things. All I did was take it into Verizon and told them it was being slow and they gave me a new one. I was pretty happy about it. But you do lose your photos/videos and ringtones which they reimberse(sp?) you for.
  3. CompUser thread starter Guest

That reminds me, pictures always get corrupted on my phone- like every 10th pic I take.
  4. iShane macrumors 6502a

Jan 7, 2006
    New York
    Yea. Take it in. They replaced mine just for being slow. I'm sure they'll give you a new one.
  5. Deefuzz macrumors 6502a

Jan 27, 2004
    St. Louis, MO
    The OS on my phone is unbelievably slow.

I bought mine online through Verizon's website back in December...don't think I will be able to bring it in and exchange it :(
  6. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Dec 27, 2002
    Location Location Location
    I just don't buy Motorola phones. As nice as they are, the OS is horrible and causes problems.
  7. CompUser thread starter Guest

Its not the Motorola OS, verizon puts this horrible OS that is ugly, slow, and has inconsistent ways of doing things. Its incredibly annoying.
  8. mbryant52 macrumors member

Mar 29, 2006
    Bellingham, Washington
    Almost every CDMA V3c sold by Verizon was pre-loaded with a fairly unreliable software set. If your phone is less than a year old, which I am presuming it is, you can bring the unit into any Verizon Wireless corporate store and have your software updated, free of charge. This process is called "flashing" and should greatly improve your use experience.

Users of the new V3m need not worry about this issue.
  9. runninmac macrumors 65816

Jan 20, 2005
    Rockford MI
    Oh I most of the problems your talking about. I really just want to throw my phone away sometimes because its so unpredictable. Sometimes it takes literally 7 seconds go from the main menu to the contacts list. Other times it decides to turn off randomly. Then sometimes I get the corrupt pictures. Also for 3 hours whenever I would hit send to call someone I would get "Connection Failed" with a red X. Grrr, Im probably going to go in and bitch to them, hopefully ill have a new phone. :D

Edit: I love the Motorola RAZR add at the bottom of the page. Googles crazy antics.
  10. MoparShaha macrumors 68000

May 15, 2003
    San Francisco
    If you're brave, you can reflash the phone back to the original Motorola software and ditch the crappy VZW stuff. Plus, you get full Bluetooth file transfer and dial-up networking at EV-DO speeds.

Check out the VZW forums at
  11. CompUser thread starter Guest

I took it to the store and they updated the software. However, with the new software update the external LCD background is always red.

Why doesn't verizon actually check to make sure if there OS works with there phone before they sell it. I would like them to add the ring + vibrate option and perhaps a brighter screen.