Anyone having issues with iTunes match?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by MiamiC70, Nov 15, 2011.

1. macrumors regular

Anyone having issues with iTunes match?
    I have been trying to compleate on my MBA but itunes match gives me an error "unknown itunes store error -9810" and wiil move past first step of 3. I have tried several times over last 24hrs and I have an solid and fast internet connection. Any ideas? I have library on external USB drive and about 13k songs.

Funny enough the billing part workrd just fine.

2. macrumors member

No, all is well here. And I don't think it would be MBA related.

3. macrumors 68020

jamesryanbell

I'm getting a few errors on VERY popular tracks (Ryan Adams, Nine Inch Nails, etc). It absolutely will not work on those tracks. Not sure why.

4. macrumors 68040

Yikes. I'm going to wait a bit to see exactly what the obligatory nightmare is going to be.

I already bought the 20GB space. This ain't cheap folks :(

5. thread starter macrumors regular

So, still not luck. iTunes match wiped my music off my phone yet I cannot connect to the iTunes store seeminly to compleate the 2nd step of 3 to setup iTunes Match. Waiting on an email from a support ticket I placed with Apple. :(

6. macrumors member

So far so good and an unexpected benefit

So far so good with Match. Unexpected benefit is that I've been keeping most of my 23gb iTunes library on an external drive, with a small subset on my Air. I "Matched" the big library and now it shows up in iTunes without the external drive attached. So I can download piecemeal, not having to keep everything on board on the limited Air HD.

7. macrumors newbie

I've been getting this same error since last night as well.
    It got through 10,000 or so songs...then died and I get the -9810 error every time I try to continue the process.

MacBook Air...also have my library on an external usb drive.

8. thread starter macrumors regular

Anyone else?
    Have you submitted a support ticket request with apple?

9. macrumors newbie

Mine actually just got back in and continued where it left off last night.
    The only other thing I changed was I turned off iTunes Match on my phone...but even after that, I got more of those -9810 errors, so I'm not sure if it was related.

I just kept going at it and eventually it decided to start working again, I guess.

Maybe just keep trying? Good luck!

Didn't submit a ticket, but would have if the errors continued for much longer.