Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

barnetda

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 14, 2007
Dallas, TX
Just about to get an Iphone 5 .

I have been reading quite a few comments from car drivers who say their Iphone 5 drops calls or cant answer calls in their cars.

Its not just 1 manufacturer so the problem seems to be with Apple.

I desperately need the phone to work in the car so before i order mine i would greatly appreciate knowing whether this is a widespread issue.

aDRock1154

macrumors 65816
Nov 15, 2011
Ohio
Just about to get an Iphone 5 .

I have been reading quite a few comments from car drivers who say their Iphone 5 drops calls or cant answer calls in their cars.

I desperately need the phone to work in the car so before i order mine i would greatly appreciate knowing whether this is a widespread issue.

I have made numerous calls with mine.. I haven't had any of these issues.

erratikmind

macrumors 6502a
Apr 2, 2009
S.F./Las Vegas
OP, my AT&T iP5 works perfectly in my FX35 via Bluetooth. I have not had any issues since launch day. I trust you have the same experience. Enjoy your new iP5.

takeshi74

macrumors 601
Feb 9, 2011
No problems here with our Lexus RX 400h. The Nissan Rogue's BT system has had intermittent problems regardless of the device paired with it. It generally works well but it does have its issues.

Get the 5 and try it out. Don't rely on forum posts to assess the problem.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.