Anyone having problems with SBC and mail.app?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by 2A Batterie, Dec 23, 2005.

1. 2A Batterie macrumors 6502a

2A Batterie

I have another post on here that brought me to this point where it's necessary for a new post. Is anyone currently using SBC as an internet provider and having problems using mail.app? I checked out Apple discussions and it seems like many folks over there who use SBC are having some major problems. To make a long story short, mail.app no longer can receive my mail, although all of the information I provide is correct. Yes, I've gone into preferances and made sure I didn't have 110 or 25 or timing out issues. Check out this link at the Apple discussions page and tell me what you think.

2. blackpeter macrumors 6502a

Many of my clients (and my wife) have nothing but problems with their SBC email addys. My advice, switch to something more reliable (see: Gmail or .Mac).

3. mowogg macrumors 6502

mowogg

SBC & Yahoo Account

As of this morning I can't get my Yahoo email through SBC to download in Entourage.

I can log in through Safari and see the two emails sitting there, but get an Server not Ready message when I try the POP client.

Weird.

4. mowogg macrumors 6502

mowogg

It's back now. It was a server problem

5. danny_w macrumors 601

There was a recent change in the login procedure for SBC email. You now have to login using you email account name AND domain, instead of only the usrname like you used to do, like 'username@swbell.net'. I use a hardware router to keep my connection up, and I had to go into the router configuration and change the setup.

I have also been having issues with SBC email using the web browser access, so if you are having issues with mail.app try accessing it though yahoo mail (using your usrname and domain). I have had many times lately when it just times out when accessing an email.

6. 2A Batterie thread starter macrumors 6502a

2A Batterie

Sorry if I'm confusing anyone, but I'm not using an SBC account.; I'm only using SBC as my internet provider. I'm using my email account from my own webpage, and it works fine accessing it through the web. I've read about many others who are having problems with SBC as an internet provider when using mail.app