anyone hear squeaking from powerbook when typing sometimes?

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by orijinal, Nov 20, 2005.

1. macrumors 6502

orijinal

i was using this to test out some basic html: http://www.jmarshall.com/easy/html/testbed.html

when i listened closely, when i type in that box, especially in between the "put the body..." tags, i notice there is a type of squeaking sound with each keystroke i make (coming from inside the computer).

does this happen to anyone else?

2. macrumors 601

HiRez

My older 800 MHz titanium PowerBook is pretty quiet, but my PowerBook 2400c used to make all kinds of "squeaky" sounds, as does my G5 PowerMac, and to a lesser extent my old 400 MHz G4 PowerMac. I believe it's some kind of interference between the CPU and GPU, as I notice it most when dropping down menus with the mouse, and scrolling (mouse movement affecting onscreen UI items seems to be a primary trigger for the noise). Anyway, I think a lot of computers (especially Macs) suffer from this phenomenon, and AFAIK there's nothing you can do about it.

3. macrumors 6502a

Billicus

I have a 17" PowerBook and I notice this issue sometimes when typing on the computer... I thought I was hearing things, but if someone else hears some squeaking noises too, maybe I'm not alone. :p

4. macrumors 65816

neocell

Absolutely nothing but the sound of the keys clicking on my PB

5. macrumors 6502

ya ive never heard anything?? only thing i hear is noise coming from my external speakers for some reason?

6. thread starter macrumors 6502

orijinal

that could be it, coming from speakers