anyone heard of

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by dylangurl21, Dec 5, 2006.

1. dylangurl21 macrumors regular

Sep 16, 2005
    A friend is looking at order an ipod from here..and I've never heard of it. Anyone has an experience dealing with them just let me know so I can pass on the info!
  2. katie ta achoo macrumors G3

May 2, 2005
    this Yahoo! Answers page says to stay away.

If the prices look too good to be true, they usually are.
  3. ChickenSwartz macrumors 6502a

Jul 27, 2006
    Any site with a season (especially the one we are entering) in its name sends up red flags to me. Will they be in April?
  4. ChickenSwartz macrumors 6502a

Jul 27, 2006
  5. discoforce macrumors 6502a

Jan 27, 2004
    Vermont, USA
    Nice sleuthing! How'd you find they were using a photo from the University of Turku?? (and which one are you in the photo?:) )

EDIT: Never mind, I followed the Yahoo link above and realized it was just a google images search for "group." These scammers didn't even try very hard. Disappointing.
  6. Westside guy macrumors 601

Westside guy

Oct 15, 2003
    The soggy side of the Pacific NW
    Oh I love this part of the registration:

Creation Date: 01-Dec-2006
    Expiration Date: 01-Dec-2007

Yeah... I think that says "stay away". :D
  7. mr_matalino macrumors 6502a

Oct 14, 2005
    Is there a place to report websites like this (you know someone has already ordered something from this site)? :eek:
  8. mr_matalino macrumors 6502a

Oct 14, 2005
    When asked about their address, their response was:

Dear Customer,

We cannot help you with this issue. We have offices located at our address; we have no local store available.

Thank you for your interest in our products!

Best Regards,

Lawrence Roberson
    Customer Service Department
    Big Winter Deal, Inc.
    phone: 877-766-2864
    fax: (213) 652-1813

9. c-t-m macrumors newbie

Dec 9, 2006
    Bigwinterdeal Is A Ripoff

The site domain was purchased on 2 Dec. It went live on 3 Dec. The whois registry info is to an address that doesn't exist. The "toll free" number is to a company called that has nothing to do with the site. ALL payments must be made by Western Union cash transfer, which means there is no verification of shipping and no refunds and the cash can be picked up anywhere in the world. The "updates" on the site calendar were made before the site even existed. C'mon, this is a ripoff! Use your heads. Probably some theif in Nigeria. On top of it all, Apple requires retail pricing of any reseller, so how can a seller possibly sell "new" 80GB iPod for the same price as a 30GB iPod. Get real.
  10. phungy macrumors 68020

Dec 5, 2006
    #10 guys are good. I wouldn't really have noticed until too late.
  11. gmc76 macrumors newbie

Dec 9, 2006
    Report this to

I have reported this company to the Los Angeles Better Business Bureau on 12/7/06. However, when LABBB posted the report on their site, they failed to list any of the negatives that I pointed out. So I have now complained about their practice of not investing this business as I had asked. I was referred to the FBI Internet Fraud division, but that phone line stays busy, all the time. I did not purchase from this company, but wanted to disarm them from scamming others. Everyone needs to report this company to the Los Angeles Better Business Bureau. I also printed copies of the website and email received from them was "encrypted", so not sure if that will help the FBI to catch them. They have now taken their website down, but unless they are caught, they will just proceed with another avenue of scams. I went to "" with the 203 N Washington St and it does not exist; that fact was verified with the LA BBB. That should be posted on the business report. Everyone needs to report them...