Anyone help out with my Fallout 2

Discussion in 'Games' started by msharp, Jul 12, 2004.

1. msharp macrumors regular

Jul 10, 2004
    I recently picked up Fallout 2, and problem appeared when i attempt to launch the Fallout in the "virtual drive" mounted before, from a toast file.
    After the splash screen of fallout 2, a window appeared with a message of "Fallout 2 has encountered an unrecoverable error", and asked me wether send a mail to Omni Group or not. After clicking "Quit without sending report" the app quits.

may anyone help me out with this problem??
    my system: OS X 10.3.4
    G5 dual 2.0ghz, 512 ram/160g/ati 9600xt
  2. OnceUGoMac macrumors 6502a

Mar 3, 2004
    Are you playing from the discs or a burned copy?
  3. kzoonut macrumors member

Oct 21, 2002
    Try moving the .app file to a writeable drive (ie Applications Folder). The application is probably trying to write some files to the drive and can't because of the "virtual" mount point..
  4. vsp macrumors regular

Jan 23, 2004
    Chico, Ca
    Out of curiosity, why are you mounting a virtual drive? My copy of Fallout 2 runs fine without the disk in the drive or any virtual drive mounted.
  5. msharp thread starter macrumors regular

Jul 10, 2004
    all of you is right, but that doesn't work. I didn't mention it before that i've copied the whole disc (mounted by a toast file) to my harddrive. but problem still.

anyone who can help? thanks a lot!!!
  6. vga4life macrumors 6502

Jun 16, 2004
    I had a similar problem myself - try deleting the Fallout 2 directory under ~/Library/Application Support

(If you have save games, stash them somewhere else)

Fallout 2 seemed to corrupt itself if I start the program and quit without loading a saved game or starting a new game. Trashing the ~/Library/Application Support/Fallout 2 directory seemed to let me play again.

Alas, it seems like Fallout 2 is almost as buggy on the Mac as it is on the PC.

7. msharp thread starter macrumors regular

Jul 10, 2004
    but that was the first time i've ever played~~

unfortunately that was the first time i run that disc(or, game) on my Whole new PowerMac G5.
    Any other solutions...?
    Well, it's okay for me to give up this BUGGY game and help all of you above for your great help! Maybe i can use your tricks when dealing some other "BUGGY" games, thank all of you!