Anyone her work at Apple?

Discussion in 'Community' started by applemacdude, Oct 11, 2003.

1. applemacdude macrumors 68040

applemacdude

So does anyone here work at apple? I have a question for her or him...

2. G5orbust macrumors 65816

G5orbust

why dont you just ask the question? Someone may be able to help you out without working for apple.

3. ColoJohnBoy macrumors 65816

ColoJohnBoy

I used to work at an Apple Retail Store... what's up?

4. Macmaniac macrumors 68040

Macmaniac

I work at an Apple authorized reseller and repair shop, and no we do not get product info early from Apple, rumors sites are our only insight!

5. jefhatfield Retired

jefhatfield

i was an onsite apple warranty tech (actually my computer repair biz partner was) and we also did dells and compaqs

and no, neither one of us ever heard any advance information, just parts from apple to fix the machines of covered mac users...good thing is that macs never broke down anywhere as much as the dells...but that should not come as a surprise to the people who frequent this site:p

i would think that you would have to actually work at apple or in one of their stores

when i worked at a "store" that sold, among other things, pc software...he he...the manager of the store had me fetch some stuff from her desk (she gave me her office keys) and i saw a whole stack of microsoft windows stuff "announcement" and "coming soon" paraphanalia before miscrosoft itself actually introduced the product to the public...it blew me away, but that prolly explains why the manager had the stuff stored in her office and not in the regular backstock room where normal stuff is kept:p

6. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

Did they ever ship something to the Apple Store ahead of public announcemnets. Such as hardware or software? Would the ones working at the Apple Store now be aware of what Steve has in store for us on the 24th?

7. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

i think he means someone at cupertino, higher-level than retail.

pnw

8. jefhatfield Retired

jefhatfield

the funny thing is, having been on the PC retail side and knowing siclicon valley CEOs, investors, and other higher end employees, it's not always the top brass who know the techie details...we have good family friend that was senior mgt at apple and they didn't know or care about product side...they worked with financial management, payroll, and acquisitions stuff...when i worked at autodesk, the vp there was married to the CEO's daughter and he was a financial mgt guy there and he didn't know the first thing about computers or software, or even cared...his job was purely financial

there are many levels and different types of people at apple and every other high tech company, and when it comes to product side, they all do not know and do not even care when it comes to that stuff

9. jefhatfield Retired

jefhatfield

when i worked at a (major) PC and software retailer, we did get a ms windows release earlier, like i mentioned, and the pre release stuff too, before anyone in the general public knew about it

i do wonder if the official apple stores and the apple independents really know...it's in their best interest to keep quiet

the crazy thing is while the mac world awaits a 100 or 200 mhz jump and entry level ddr ram, the pc world has jumped 500 mhz and is on their 3rd or 4th version of ddr ram...we get another 128mb of the slower ram at the same price, and the pc world gives you twice the jump in ram at the same price

we mac heads, or many of us, wait in great anticipation to a release that will be on the level of a comparable pc was 1 1/2 to 2 years ago...but at least, apple always gives us the cutting edge designs in hardware that the pc world will try to copy and pass off as their own...remember the colors on compaq computers? man, they didn't even try and come up with their own:p