Anyone here ever have a selective nerve root block?

Discussion in 'Community' started by iGary, Jul 30, 2005.

1. iGary Guest

iGary

I'm having this procedure done on my lower back on Monday and have no idea what to expect - anyone else had this procedure?

2. iBlue macrumors Core

iBlue

i don't know how many joints they plan to inject but it probably won't be as bad as it sounds. this should go a long way towards assisting you with the pain as well as diagnostic benefit.

i haven't had this done, the closest thing was an epidural (block) when i was in labor. i do not recall even feeling more than a slight pinch.

i wish you luck, i've been sort of "following" your ordeal and i feel for you.
    perhaps they can give you a valium or something before hand if you are nervous.

3. iGary thread starter Guest

iGary

Aww, thanks iBlue. I'm not really nervous, I just hope it works. I'm hoping to buy a couple months until surgery.

4. iBlue macrumors Core

iBlue

i hope so, i imagine the surgical recovery will be a bit, shall we say, "tedious". :( as far as i know there is a lot of success with this procedure. i'm crossing my fingers for you.

5. iGary thread starter Guest

iGary

Thanks! Me too. :)

6. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

dont know the procedure specifics, but it should alleviate some of your pain and stress, i hope it helps and will keep you in my thoughts, iGary, wishing you the best of luck as always