Anyone here have Acupuncture before?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by eva01, Apr 7, 2006.

1. eva01 macrumors 601

eva01

I had my first round of acupuncture today for my illness. I still have a headache (just as bad as originally) and my back is extremely sore right now, they did the acupuncture as well as cupping.

It felt good while it was being done and felt good for a hour afterwards but now it is very sore. Probably just because my body is not used to it. I have another appointment next week for it.

I actually do like it a bit it was relaxing as it was being done. However it is a bit expensive 65 dollars a visit and she wants me to go once a week. Insurance does not cover it.

I think i am going to try to change my entire appetite as well to work with this as i want my illness gone

2. iGary Guest

iGary

I used to do it for depression and it worked pretty well for a time, but I got tired of shelling out $65.00 a visit.

3. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

No, i would like to try it.....but i did have someone walk on my back before(and ride it like she was sufing in china)..lucky thing she was slim:) ...and cute

Bless

4. devilot Moderator emeritus

devilot

My father got accupuncture twice a week for quite awhile... he did it for back pain and knee pain. :shrug: He said it helped a ton.

As for price... I don't know what the offerings are in your neighborhood, but at least around here in CA there are a ton of different people and you could always try different people. They might have a slightly different technique and you might not experience soreness and you might find other people who don't charge as much. Just a thought.

Also knew a woman who got accupressure done. Don't think I'd recommend that since she always looked like her husband had beaten her face! :eek:

5. Peterkro macrumors 68020

Peterkro

I've been doing it weekly for a year and for me its great,the clinic also does TCM.Also it's free,poor old broken down Britain's NHS provides it.Helps hugely with symtoms of my chronic illness.

6. eva01 thread starter macrumors 601

eva01

Anyone think of any of those supplement type things like Ginkgo or whatever that could possibly help with headaches?

I am reaching for straws at this point, its been 18 months and going its getting annoying

7. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

Eva...are u suffering from migrains(the killer of woman/men?)..if so i don't think these help i do think they make it worse.

Bless

8. eva01 thread starter macrumors 601

eva01

they don't know what is causing my pain

9. Glenn Wolsey macrumors 65816

Glenn Wolsey

I've had it, no headaches or pain for me though...

10. MongoTheGeek macrumors 68040

MongoTheGeek

Its not so much where you are as when you are.
    No real accupuncture. I've stuck random pins in myself though.