Anyone here like to design me a website?

Discussion in 'Community' started by Dunepilot, Jul 1, 2002.

1. Dunepilot macrumors 6502a

Dunepilot

Hiya,

I need a decent site for my band, which currently merely has this shoddy holding page with a few out-of-date mp3s .

I think the main thing that I need before we can design a site is a decent band logo (merely with the words "Set tø Stun"). If anyone can quickly knock up a logo and attach it to a post as a jpeg then I'd be eternally grateful and we would credit whoever provided us with the logo on our site, link to their site etc.

Alternatively, if anyone has a site template they think would be appropriate that would also be great.

I'm sorry I can't offer any money for this, as we're a fairly new band without a deal or anything like that, but we're recording a self-financed EP at the moment, and anyone whose work we use would be sent a free copy of this, when it's pressed.

Thanks for reading:)

2. krossfyter macrumors 601

krossfyter

UK in the house!

there are a lot of cats on here you are good at web design...so im sure you should get some help. if you dont ...hit me and ill see what i can do... but i would rather leave it first to the more expierenced since im just learning myself. hope you get it done.

3. Dunepilot thread starter macrumors 6502a

Dunepilot

Krossfyter

Thanks a lot mate.

Let's see what comes up!

4. kishba macrumors 6502a

kishba

hey i'd love to help you with a web site... but (sadly) i am currently working on a few that have me pretty busy for the moment

as soon as i'm done i'd probably be able to help... but that may be quite some time... hopefully someone else isn't too busy right now and will be able to help you out!

5. Moxiemike macrumors 68020

Moxiemike

Re: Krossfyter

what are you looking for, what's your budget, etc? My frim (moxie Creative) is moving in a direction that is more "Entertainment" based, holding a few bands as clients, doing some national cd covers and marketing plans, and doign "makeovers" for more than a few clubs and arts organizations.

We also do corporate web stuff as well.

Lemme know.

In the meantime, check out my site, www.moxiesite.com and this arts org site, www.fluxpgh.com

you can email me any particulars at michael@moxiesite.com or IM moxiecreative on AIM

m

6. firewire2001 macrumors 6502a

hey.. i think you misread what he meant moxie... it doesnt look like he has any money to spend..

7. Dunepilot thread starter macrumors 6502a

Dunepilot

Please help me out!!

I have a dark-green template that I've found for a site but I just need a logo for it now. I came up with this myself but I've been unable to work out how to make it tranparent against the dark green background. If anyone could do me something similar (it doesn't need to be complicated) I'd be forever grateful (or tell me how to match colours/achieve translucency in GraphicConverter)

Attached Files:

8. D0ct0rteeth macrumors 65816

D0ct0rteeth

If Mike isn't interested I'll bang one out for ya. Hes got skills.. I worked with him in college :)

Let me know if he passes on the job.

d0ct0rteeth@mac.com

C-

9. ibjoshua macrumors 6502a

ibjoshua

here's my take on the graphic you uploaded.
    if you like it i can set the background to transparent for you

Attached Files:

10. Dunepilot thread starter macrumors 6502a

Dunepilot

Thanks a lot i_b_joshua

Thanks very much for the logo. It's just the sort of thing I was hoping for.

Joshua, I'm now hoping to use the logo on THIS site template, so it'll have an orange/yellow background and will be placed just above the geometric designs, pretty large.

I'm not sure if the black and grey will be okay against these colours, but the logo will certainly need the transparent background if you don't mind. Anyway, if you want to change to colours or whatever to fit this design, I'll leave that up to you.

Thanks very much again
    Dunepilot

p.s. if you could write Set tø Stun using the ø symbol that would be a bonus, if it's not too late to do that!

11. ibjoshua macrumors 6502a

ibjoshua

hope this helps

here Dunepilot
    I hope this helps

you really need to see it on the orange background to appreciate the effect. :)

josh

Attached Files:

12. Dunepilot thread starter macrumors 6502a

Dunepilot

Cheers joshua

that looks really cool.

Am going into the studio today to record the 2nd half of our EP. I'm really looking forward to it.

Thanks again:)

13. kevinibook macrumors member

try another company.... its called racreation.... i know the owner and you should give it a try.

Go to www.racreation.com

And its cheap :)

14. dantec macrumors 6502a

I know him too. But I would NOT consider this an oppurtunity, considering the quality shown on the main page, and the quality of work he can do. Plus it's run by 'one' person and would be built on illegal pirated software.

15. kevinibook macrumors member

That's true, it was only one of my stupid suggestions. And the quality is also a little more than questionable but no one in his right mind would use him. I think he did something for an org. but it's only 'cause his mom worked there.

16. dantec macrumors 6502a

It told the people of that organization, where they worked... SHEESH!

don't be too hard on yourself kev.

17. ryskt macrumors newbie

logo

Here ya go.

[​IMG]

If you like it, let me know.

Uhm... it looks better on your orange background.

-ryskt-

18. FelixDerKater macrumors 68000

FelixDerKater

Re: logo

That white background does that no justice... But it wouldn't be bad on orange, like ya said. :cool:

19. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

that's one of the biggest problems with transparent gifs, if you don't have the right background it looks iffy. When you're ready to upload it you might want to load it into photoshop and place a background behind it and flaten it. Then save it out again and put it in the page. That will get rid of the aliasing - as long as you pick a color that works.

D