Anyone here play at PokerRoom.com?

Discussion in 'Games' started by greenguy4, Apr 8, 2006.

1. greenguy4 macrumors 6502

Hey--
    I would like to play with real money on pokerroom but my credit card does not allow it. I was wondering if someone would buy a gift voucher and I could transfer money to them in Paypal in exchange?

2. decksnap macrumors 68040

decksnap

You don't need to use your credit card directly. Use NetTeller. It's an intermediary, kind of like the way PayPal works. Money transfers into NetTeller, and then from there directly into Pokerroom. It's a little annoying to set up, but from then on it's smooth.

Yes, I use Pokerroom, under the same name.

3. greenguy4 thread starter macrumors 6502

so would it be possible for me to transfer you money through paypal and then you send me the money through a gift voucher? Please send me a PM...

Thanks

4. greenguy4 thread starter macrumors 6502

5. decksnap macrumors 68040

decksnap

I just told you how to get set up. You don't need someone else to help you.

6. greenguy4 thread starter macrumors 6502

Yes I try signing up for Neteller and went through it all. Then I recieved an email saying they also needed the following...

"Passport number (please also fax or e-mail a copy of your passport – the page displaying the photograph and full passport number – to +44 (0)1293 897359).

Driving license number (please also fax or e-mail a copy of your driving license – displaying the full driving license number – to +44 (0)1293 897359).

Please also fax or e-mail a copy of a utility bill (for example – an electricity bill) or a bank statement – displaying your name and address and dated within the last three months – to +44 (0)1293 897359. "

Seems a bit ridiculous to me and their I don't feel so comfortable signing my soul away to them.

I take it that that is a no to doing Paypal ---> gift voucher?

7. decksnap macrumors 68040

decksnap

I never had to give them any of that. I do remember having to call them and having them call me back at my home number, which was a little odd, but these guys are pretty big and not some shady company. I would do what you have to do or you'll be running into this every time you want to make a deposit.

8. jelloshotsrule macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

try firepay. it's a little easier, i believe.

9. greenguy4 thread starter macrumors 6502

Problem with firepay is you need to be in North America and I am studying abroad for the rest of the year so I do not have a phone # to be reached. I won't even be back in the US until July...

I am only interested in getting like $40 to use until I get back then...