Anyone here play No one lives forever 2?

Discussion in 'Games' started by reberto, Aug 26, 2005.

1. reberto macrumors 65816

reberto

2. applekid macrumors 68020

Wasn't there a QuickTime bug that prevented that game from working earlier on?

If you want to meet a bigger number of NOLF players, may I suggest the insidemacgames.com Forums? I know there's quite a few NOLF players in there.

3. Leareth macrumors 68000

Leareth

I Play it....
    great game
    just got it on monday,
    and i am halfway done
    the jokes are pretty good too

4. cubist macrumors 68020

In the first NOLF, I couldn't get past the scene where you have to protect the ambassador. After four tries, that took like 20 minutes each, I decided it wasn't worth my time. :-/ Too scripted; no alternative path. I liked the music and the scenery, tho.

5. RooX macrumors newbie

NOLF2 is far better than NOLF, i promise. It is better in almost every way and by a long shot too.

6. Stretch macrumors newbie

A very cool game!

I remember Nolf as being one of the first games to truly incorporate an authentic cinematic 60's genre vibe - something that one would expect to see in a movie ala Austin Powers. Great voice acting and good graphics too.

Some of the gadgets seemed a little too obtuse to me, I think the exploding poodle never seemed to hit it's target, lol, but on the whole the game was quite fun! I also appreciated the fact that the heroine, Cate Archer, was female, it was a nice touch.

7. RooX macrumors newbie

just a quick note, nolf2, as well as a number of other great games are on sale for 1.88 each at macplay.com right now :)

8. madroadbiker macrumors newbie

madroadbiker

trouble playing nolf2

I am having a great deal of trouble playing NOLF2. I also have the first NOLF and it runs perfectly. NOLF2 will sometimes freeze my computer. I installed the latest NOLF 2 patch and updated the video driver. During game play, particularly during intense action sequences, the music gets very loud and strange sounding and the video will pause for long periods of time or freeze up altogether rendering game play impossible. No matter how I downgrade the games video and sound details, it is no help. Has anyone else had any problems like this?

Here are my computer specs:

System Software Overview:
    System Version: Mac OS X 10.4.8 (8L127)
    Kernel Version: Darwin 8.8.0

Hardware Overview:
    Machine Name: Power Mac G5
    Machine Model: PowerMac7,3
    CPU Type: PowerPC G5 (3.1)
    Number Of CPUs: 2
    CPU Speed: 2.7 GHz
    L2 Cache (per CPU): 512 KB
    Memory: 1 GB
    Bus Speed: 1.35 GHz
    Boot ROM Version: 5.2.4f1

ATI Radeon X850 XT:
    Chipset Model: ATY,R481
    Type: Display
    Bus: AGP
    Slot: SLOT-1
    VRAM (Total): 256 MB
    Vendor: ATI (0x1002)
    Device ID: 0x4a48
    Revision ID: 0x0000
    ROM Revision: 113-A35804-108

9. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I wanted to, but I feel I've missed the boat now. That's the pity about PC games. Short of emulation (bleh) if I want to play an old PC game I have to keep an old PC... taking up all the plugs in the world, running costs super high.

I'd like to play though.

OP is banned?!

10. Nym macrumors 6502a

Nym

I liked NOLF1 better than NOLF2, I thought the screenplay was better on the first episode :O Besides, Cate Archer's voice (if i'm not mistaken) changes in the second game, which was a huge turn off :) but yep, it's a great game, not all that original but the some years ago I loved the graphics :D

11. Lincoln macrumors regular

Lincoln

Me Too

I play NOLF2.

I got it cheap from ebay.

It runs like a dream on my MacPro with the graphis on top quality. Not bad considering that it runs in rosetta!