Anyone here use a BlackBerry?

Discussion in 'Community' started by ravenvii, Mar 5, 2005.

1. ravenvii macrumors 604

Mar 17, 2004
    Melenkurion Skyweir
    I have been using BlackBerries since the days of the 850/950's. They rock for wireless emailing. I now have a BlackBerry 7230, and love it. I just upgraded the OS to a recently released 4.0, which comes with a TCP/IP stack for those who don't have a BlackBerry Enterprise Server. It rocks - I can now IM, browse the network and use any app that requires TCP/IP. I'm going to install a terminal application - imagine SSHing into my Mac wirelessly. :)

The only negative is the VERY Windows-centric attitude of RIM/BlackBerry. They're JUST starting to realize that there's a world outside of Windoze out there...

Anyone else here use a BlackBerry?
  2. oldschool macrumors 65816

Sep 30, 2003
    i don't, but everybody else should that way my RIM stocks go up.
  3. Duff-Man macrumors 68030

Dec 26, 2002
    Albuquerque, NM
    Duff-Man says...I don't myself (I don't like to be that easy to get a hold of - no cell phone, pager or Blackberry for me!) but I do have a few users I support at work that use them. They seem to love the concept but of course as they are managers they are technically challenged so it creates a bit of work for me.....oh yeah!
  4. joetronic macrumors 6502

Dec 9, 2004
    New Oxford, PA
    I used to at the old job. Now I don't even have a cell phone. we used the nextel blackberry (cant remember the model.) All I can say is the service was horrid, and I had tons of battery issues. I like being phone free better.