Anyone here work in or own an Art/Photo Gallery

Discussion in 'Community' started by Mr. Anderson, May 26, 2005.

1. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

I have a couple questions about the whole thing and I'm hoping that someone here has worked in a gallery, managed or owned one.

If so, send me a PM.

Thanks,

D

2. mcarnes macrumors 68000

mcarnes

I have not owned one myself, but do know something about how they run. What did you want to know?

P.S. - You could try asking here. You'll get some useless answers but also a few from people that are genuinely knowledgeable.

3. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

My only connection with an art gallery is being a member. Our most fondest was being a patron of one at the market area in Omaha, Nebraska. We have several pieces of art from there.

4. clayj macrumors 604

clayj

What do you need to know? If you like, you can PM me. (I don't work in a gallery, but I've spent a HUGE amount of time in them.)

5. Mr. Anderson thread starter Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Member? What exactly does a membership give you?

D

6. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

We got to attend special art openings. They served appetizers, fruit, and wine. I just had soda with my snacks. A chance to meet the artists. Getting to know them would allow for discounts. One artist wanted to clear out his studio and we got steep discounts. Decided that he wanted to move on to a new type of art design, preferred to have no distractions from the previous art. At Christmas they would send us a gift, a piece of art.