Anyone In Detroit Want to Help Me!!!

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by lindmar, Nov 2, 2003.

1. lindmar macrumors 6502

Hi!
    I need to find a student in Detroit,, who shops at the Apple Store at Somerset, who would meet me there and use there EDU Discount at the store and help me save money on the computer!!

My country is really ripping me off!!!!

Also, I am trying to track down the guy in line at the "Night Of The Panther" , He had a nice G4 for sale and we were supposed to exchange emails in the store, but missed each other.. If you read this.. I am the Canadian you talked to about your Dual g4 1 Gig...

Worth a try!

2. candan9019 macrumors regular

Would you really save a whole lot? I know taxes are high in Ontario but as far as exchange rate goes your only saving about $150-200. You might have to deal with duties too.

At least up there you can see where your tax money goes.

3. lindmar thread starter macrumors 6502

150-200 Bucks is alot considering the cost between a 1300 ibook or a 1550 dollar ibook.
    I don't plan to deal with duty.
    I don't Know, I suppose I will probally just by Canadian...

Americans can see where there tax money goes too. It goes to war.

4. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

actually near as i can figure, taxes go to government agencies/programs that work against civil liberties, the war itself is simply debt that our children will have to deal with. see, bush cut taxes, so we can't possibly pay for it. why even try?

i know, i know, off topic.

good luck, hope you find someone...

pnw