Anyone in Modest,CA?

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by deadworlds, Jun 18, 2010.

1. macrumors member

Just Wondering if anyone in Modesto,CA Will be camping out at the ATT Store or the Apple Store at The Vintage Faire Mall.

2. macrumors member

Jill1228

I was just in Modesto earlier today and was wondering if there were gonna be some campers at the Apple Store :) :apple:

3. macrumors newbie

apple store

+ 1 for the apple store. I wonder how early i have to start?

4. macrumors member

Im in Turlock ca and and plan to come up to the Modesto store at 5am

5. macrumors newbie

Apple Store Vintage Faire, then Best Buy Riverbank.

I pre ordered two 16gb iphone 4's at Riverbanks best buy, one black one white, but they seemed really unorganized over there so just in case, i reserved one at Apple as well. I was the first person at Best Buy in riverbank to pre order.... come to find out about this whole "white" iphone scandal my brother is settling for a black one so he doesnt have to wait for the white. So i know i will at least be getting the black on, fingers crossed on the white one but who knows. Best Buys "agenda" for launch day is that they will call a day before and schedule you an appointment on launch day that works best around your schedule to pick up your phone(s). My plan, for the experience and so i can get the bumper case as i doubt best buy will have them is get to the Apple Store Vintage Faire around 4 am (but first around midnight wednesday imma drive by and check it out) and wait in the "Pre-Order/Reserve" Line (as there will be two lines, one for pre order/reserve and one for walk in like they did last year. Get in fairly close to 7am... get my 16gb black iphone 4, then rush over to best buy in riverbank and hope for my brothers white one to be there, if not i will get the black one for him but keep my white pre order in case it comes within 30 days of getting black so he can just swap it out. Hopefully the plan goes smoothly, i think it will. For 3gs launch last year i was third in line at AT&T on mchenry. got there at 5 am, by 7 there were 50+. Third person in, first person out. :D im excited about this phone!!! cant wait, see you guys at apple bright n early on the 24.

:apple: MacBook Pro 13' Unibody:apple:
    :apple: iPhone 3GS 16GB Black:apple:
    :apple: iPhone 4 16GB Black (soon):apple:

6. macrumors newbie

Yay Modesto!

I will be at the Modesto Apple store on Thursday, but I don't know about 'camping out'. That would be fun but my husband and one year old would never go for it! :rolleyes:

7. macrumors newbie

Question....

Did anyone pre-order the 16gb iPhone 4?? If so how much did it come to with tax? I forget how much it was last summer for 3gs with the based on th retail $599 value of the phone. Thats so stupid they can charge us like $50-60 bucks extra. I leave for Texas in the afternoon on launch day and if I would have remembered about the extra tax here I woulda waited til I got to Texas haha. But it looks like I would have been waiting a while since they sold so quickly! I just want my phone now!!!!!!!

:apple: MacBook Pro 13" unibody:apple:
    :apple: iPhone 3GS 16GB Black:apple:
    :apple: iPhone 4 16GB Black (soon):apple:

8. macrumors member

Jill1228

Modesto sales tax is 8.375%
    hope this helps

9. macrumors newbie

Got it Figured out!

Thanks you for you help jill, but apparently Cali as well as a few other states charge tax not based on the sale/upgrade price, but they charge it based off the retail value of the phone. I found my reciept from last summer when i purchased the 16gb iphone 3gs and it says phone: $199.00 plus tax at 0%: $50.17 so that puts the phone with tax (full retail value tax) at $249.17. I dont know about you guys but that extra $30 bucks sounds like a nice case to protect my phone. oh well. not much that can be done

:apple:MacBook Pro 13" Unibody:apple:
    :apple:iPhone 3GS 16GB Black:apple:
    :apple:iPhone 4 16GB Black (Soon):apple:

10. macrumors newbie

ehhh... whatever. We're doing our part in helping the state recover....LOL!!!:confused:

11. macrumors newbie

I'll be there

I plan on camping out. I'm not sure what time I'll be there though.

12. macrumors 6502

there's a best buy in riverbank?

13. macrumors newbie

yeah there is... by target, that new savemart, and home depot.

14. macrumors 6502

I remember when riverbank had nothing, Damn I have not been in modesto since 1996

15. macrumors newbie

So any ideas on how many people are we expecting to see at the Modesto Apple Store?

16. thread starter macrumors member

I Guess i'll be going to the apple store now that ATT isnt going to have walkins on launch day, which is pretty ratarded.

17. macrumors 6502

I might be staying the night in front of Vintage Faire, so long as there are other people there too. I'm 15.. so... yeh. If I do my mom will come in the morning round 7 or 8 or whatever and pay for the phone. Originally I fell in love with the white one, but now since we have no idea when that's coming out I might go ahead and get black. Still deciding though... not sure how long I want to wait for white. Anyone else here going to go to Vintage Faire tonight and stay till tomorrow morning?

Xanadeath

18. macrumors 6502

Bump? :p

Xanadeath

19. macrumors 6502

Oh come on......

20. macrumors member

I plan to show up at 4or5 am. I don't think Modesto will have that many campers

21. macrumors 6502

Darnit i'm gunna go by the store tonight and see if there's people who are going to wait out during the night.. if there are i'll stay.. if not.... i'm not sure how happy my mom will be getting up at 3 or 4 int he morning :p.

Xanadeath

22. thread starter macrumors member

I will probably be driving past Vintage Faire Mall every couple hours as it nears closer to mid night, If there are people there ill get in line then. If not ill probably just go out at 3AM.

23. macrumors 6502

Maybe i'll see u there then :p ..... still on the edge about white.... coming out late july... *sigh* .. a month or tomorrow... freaking darnit....

Xanadeath

24. macrumors member

Sweet! I'll see you guys there!

25. macrumors member

There's a pretty long line at the Modesto apple store