Anyone in UK received their iPod with video yet?

Discussion in 'iPod' started by john_satc, Oct 19, 2005.

1. macrumors 6502

I don't know if I should wait until next thursday -seems forever - until I can get the new iPod from the Apple store Birmingham. Or order one over the phone, with the lady saying it will tae 10 - 14 days to come. I know some people have received their iPods early - anyone in the UK experienced this?
    Cheers,
    Jon

2. macrumors member

We're always last jon - I've seen on the apple discussions page that someone received a 60GB white in B'ham - and promptly managed to drop it which dented the corner and cracked the screen (poor guy) but it would appear to be yet another case of sort out the states and let the rest of the world wait :-(

p.s. ordered as soon as store came up (pressing control + R like crazy) not engraving 30GB White - been sat on preparing shipment for 3 days now - and now they've taken down the order tracking site (for me al least) says something about routine maintenance *sob*

3. macrumors member

Fans on the blue side of B'ham won't get their iPods for another month.

4. thread starter macrumors 6502

Alrite then I am just going to have to be moody and wait. I asked a guy at the Apple store I speak to often when will they them in. He said they are being told a next weekend, but most probably next thursday when they get the delivery - he said to call at 10am and they should have them. So 7 days to go!

Ay?

5. macrumors 6502a

cheekyspanky

I ordered mine at just gone 8pm the day they were announced and mine has shipped, but at the moment is still somewhere in Shanghai (although the order tracking hasn't updated for 12 hours so it might be on a plane by now).

Looking forward to it arriving, but I don't understand why it takes so much longer for supplies to reach the UK as all the iPods originate from the same place!

*Edit* Just checked my order - it was 7.12pm when I ordered.

6. macrumors regular

I ordered a black 60g ( my first ever !!! ) at 8.45 pm after the announcement. Got the shipped notification and last time I could track it it was in Shanghai at 01.11 GMT on 19/10, but the review order system is still down.
    Judging by some posts Apple haven't rectified the scratch issue which is a major issue when you want to play video. I'm tempted to ebay it and wait till Apple sort this problem out.

7. macrumors 6502a

cheekyspanky

Might be easier to just return it for a refund? Unless they're going for more than the retail price on ebay?

8. macrumors regular

I got a 10% cashback by using my Egg money card so even if I get cost I've made £30.

9. macrumors regular

I've got a tracking number, and i've been told its shipped, but my tracking number wont work until it reaches europe, are there two methods of tracking to the uk?

10. macrumors regular

Ok, i've figured it out. Their system is back up... no activity yet on my tracking page but never mind...

After doing some reasearch on TNT international shiping...

If it was shipped today, here are the expected dates for it to reach the UK

09:00 Express (Non Docs) * 09:00 24 Oct 2005
    12:00 Express (Non Docs) * 12:00 24 Oct 2005
    Global Express (Non Docs) * 18:00 21 Oct 2005
    Economy Express (Non Docs) * 18:00 26 Oct 2005

Any idea which apple use?

11. macrumors 6502a

cheekyspanky

Mine is still showing:

19 Oct 2005 02:04 Shanghai Consignment Received At Transit Point

Although thats been the same for 18 hours now! Reckon it might be flying through the air somewhere right now?

12. macrumors 68030

Piarco

The scratch issue is not going to go away. Apple weren't lying when they said the new iPods were made from the same material as the 4/3G's, whats changed is the design. The new design (well, old design really as the first iPods had the same design) means that any scratch will show up to the eye now, due to the clear front.
    Unless they change the design to the curved design of the 4G's, the scratch problem isn't going to go away - unless some company brings out a scratch resistant coating for the iPod. If it bothers you that much, get a 4G.

And onto the shipping questions - I actually ended up cancelling my order! I got a notification of delivery - on or before the 26th October. So I'll waiting until they are available in the Regent Street store (I know the demo units are out, but can't get through to the store to ask) and get one from there - hopefully as soon as Saturday?

13. macrumors regular

I think mines on the same plane !!!!

14. macrumors newbie

sooz

Does anyone know when i can go into the apple store in London and buy an ipod video?.. ive been trying to find out.. im not sure if i should go ahead and order it online, id prefer to just go into the apple store because i want to buy some other things too while im there.. maybe i'll pop in on my way home and ask if nobody knows?

15. macrumors 68000

nomad01

16. macrumors regular

Shanghai seems to be the place to be. My shipped iPod's been hanging out there for a day and a half now !!!!! Come and try London my tiny friend it's the place to be.

17. macrumors 6502a

cheekyspanky

21 hours later and the iPod is still in Shanghai apparently..I think the iPods must be having some kind of party there and they don't want to leave..! :p

18. macrumors regular

Mine better come home soon or it's grounded !!!!

19. Guest

Sky Blue

mine says
    "Carrier : Flextronics c/o Express Cargo
    Tracking Number(s) :
    C90******"

what site do i use to track it?

20. macrumors member

Mine appears to be with TNT in Eindhoven - should receive tomorrow from previous experience - will let you all know

21. macrumors regular

dpclark... did yours go through shanghai?? How long has it taken (From the 'shipped' stage until now?

My tracking has reported NO activity so far. rather confusing...

22. macrumors member

ordered as soon as store came back online - went to preparing shipment on Saturday and turned to shipped this lunchtime - not had any shipping info from apple until it has turned up in the hands of TNT - guess preparing shipment probably meant on way from Shanghai - though as mine is not engraved have been spared that ordeal as they seem to do runs of engraved pods - went through that wait with my 4G ipod - never again!!!!

23. macrumors 6502a

cheekyspanky

Mine is still showing up as being in Shanghai.

I'm hoping its closer than that though!

My Mac mini turned up before my tracking code even worked so I'm hoping this is the same kind of situation!

I went for the non engraved version as I thought it'd be quicker.. :rolleyes:

24. macrumors 6502

maddav

I'm not sure if anyone has tried this yet, (or if it'll work even) but you should give http://apecode.com/appletrack/ a try, it found my iBook when the Apple page was clueless, so it may be worth a shot.

25. macrumors 6502a

cheekyspanky

I used the Apecode link..

Only thing I blanked out was my order number..!

Attached Files: