Anyone know a good place to sell alot of Macs

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by phate, Oct 7, 2003.

1. phate macrumors newbie

Does anyone in MAcland know where a good place is to sell a bunch of older (G4/400) PPCs is?

I have a bunch of working G4's I need to get rid of, but I hate ebay. Does anyone know of a wholesale place, marketpalce or something of the sort to sell these towers?

2. Balin64 macrumors 6502a

Balin64

Sure!

Just post them on the classifieds here! I would love to have a G4 tower here at work. What are the specs and how much are you asking? Are they the older Yikes! (PCI Graphocs) or Sawtooth (AGP Graphics) models? You might be able to sell them in these forums: you will get a fair price and they will go to a good owner, if that matters to you.

3. applemacdude macrumors 68040

applemacdude

You can use the macrumors marketplace section...;)

4. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

If you're looking to trade up, you could try someplace like Smalldog or Powermax. They take trade ins, and give you a fair amount of credit towards some new machines.

5. stoid macrumors 601

stoid

Talk to local school districts! Win/win situation if I ever heard one!!:D

6. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

In my experience, school rarely buy from individuals, but they accept donations, which gives you a tax deduction. I've donated a couple of Macs to local schools. I estimated the value based on market prices at the time.

7. applemacdude macrumors 68040

applemacdude

If you want to danate macs donate the at www.accrc.org , plus they give you a tax rebate