Anyone know about Star Wars DvD?

Discussion in 'Community' started by couch potato, Dec 29, 2003.

1. couch potato macrumors regular

i mean, COME ON.. it's been so long since the films have been in theaters. there isn't any reason why he or lucasfilms shouldn't do it. then they can remaster it to look really good, like indiana jones on DvD. anyone know of star wars dvd or what the heck is going on??

2. D0ct0rteeth macrumors 65816

D0ct0rteeth

They are waiting to they have the third episode done and on DVD.

They will then release the 4 - 6, and a definitive (temporarily) 6 movie set

- Doc

3. 000111one111000 macrumors regular

Comes out in September or November of 2004.

This was confirmed several weeks ago when Lucasfilm held a marketing thingy.

And, of course, this will not be the ORIGINAL trilogy, it'll be the special editions. Lucas has basically made it impossible for anyone to ever see the original trilogy again, unless they already bought the VHS copies.

And, there's still a rumor that the special editions on DVD will have even more changes. Like fixing some lightsaber scenes, etc. Also, there's a rumor that there's been some new stuff shot for the original trilogy, like a scene with Jimmy Smits playing Bail Organa and other various stuff.

And, there's been a bit of news suggesting that Episodes 1 2 and 3 will also get a special edition treatment in 2006 or 2007, and will be included in a special edition box set of all 6 films.

enoch

4. LethalWolfe macrumors G3

LethalWolfe

Also expect to see new cuts of Episodes 4-6 on the DVDs (to better tie in Episodes 1-3). If you have the theatrical cuts of Star Wars, Empire, and Jedi on VHS or Laserdisc take care of them 'cause they probably won't ever be released again (on any format).

Lethal

5. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

Yeah, I have the Definitive Laserdisc Collection and it's huge and heavy and beautiful. :)

I haven't even seen the special editions of The Empire Strikes Back or The Revenge (Return) of the Jedi.

The latest two are so disappointing to me. I don't even think I would bother to buy another set.

6. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

I own the "Star Wars Trilogy" Special Edition on VHS. Watched all 3 in a row not long ago.

I already have "Star Wars I & II" on DVD. Enjoyed watching both of them.

Does anyone know when "Star Wars III" will be released?

7. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

8. Waluigi macrumors 6502

I too, am very frustrated with Lucas. I appreciate all the effort that went into restoring the origional film (removing the dust, white lines on planet hoth, etc) but the additional scenes were crap due to awful CGI. Lucas's use of special effects has gone from creative and cutting edge to lazy, sloppy, and humdrum. Regaurdless of how bad episode three is, I'll be duped into buying multiple versions of it on every format until my death. The only certainties in life are death, taxes, and revised editions of the star wars triology.

May 25th, 2005 in theaters, most likely a November 2005 DVD. Hopefully they will have a huge 6 movie marathon, but I highly doubt it because they don't care about the fans anymore.

--Waluigi

9. revenuee macrumors 68020

revenuee

It's my understanding that after Episode III is released ... There will be a directors Cut 6 movie Box set released, it is supposed to be the much longer versions of the films,

- apparently the Lucas Cut of Episode 1 is 4 hours :)

source - was The star Wars Website ... but now with it being a paid service ...