Anyone know any good perl tutorials?

Discussion in 'Mac Programming' started by boomtopper, Aug 16, 2005.

1. boomtopper macrumors member

boomtopper

Hi i am interested in getting into perl so i can get into making cgi scripts and maybe even doing some audio stuff if it can output files in binary form. If anyone does know any good tutorials post them up here. Specifically though i am really looking for tutorials in pdf format so that i can read them offline

cheers, Boomtopper

2. mwpeters8182 macrumors 6502

They aren't free, but I suggest one of the O'Reilly "Learning Perl" books. They're quite easy to follow.

3. Compile 'em all macrumors 601

Compile 'em all

Google search Results.

Hope this helps.

4. superbovine macrumors 68030

superbovine

there is plenty of perl tutorials out there like the previous poster said, but i imho if you don't have much background in programming go with the book suggested. learning the finer points of regular expressions took me two different books to grasp it all. however, if you a know how to code and understand how to form a proper regular expression the tutorials will probably get to started enough and you google for the rest of your question. my guess is if you are asking it isn't the case.

most people read:
    Learning Perl, Schwartz
    Mastering Regular Expressions
    Programming Perl, Wall

5. boomtopper thread starter macrumors member

boomtopper

cheers for the info everyone. I think i will find this not to bad to learn off the net becuase i have a solid background in programming.