Anyone know any good sling-type bags for a PB 15"?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by solitarycow, Jan 6, 2004.

1. solitarycow macrumors member

Jan 5, 2004
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Anyone have any suggestions on a fashionable sling-type bag for a 15" PB? InCase has the SlingPack but the darn thing looks kind of frumpy.

I'm looking for something a little more trendier--kind of like the sling bags Jansport has but for a laptop. And I'm not talking about messenger bags either.

Ideas anyone?
  2. MacBandit macrumors 604

Aug 9, 2002
    Springfield, OR (Home of the Simpsons)
    I suggest getting a sleeve for the laptop and then putting the laptop in whatever bag you like. The problem is you'll be stuck with the bag to carry your laptop. What if you want to travel and the carry case you got is one more bag you really can't take. If you have a sleeve then you can stick it in anything.

I love this sleeve were using it for our Al15" and it work great and has great protection.

You can take the strap off and then it's barely bigger then the laptop but offers a lot of protection.

Another good company for cases is Shaun Jackson Designs. We started with one of his cases but it was just too bulky and not flexible enough for the reasons I listed above.
  3. Westside guy macrumors 601

Westside guy

Oct 15, 2003
    The soggy side of the Pacific NW
    Huh, I learn something new every day. I'd never seen that sort of bag before - kinda odd looking if you ask me.

Since you're not looking for a messenger bag I won't tell you how much I love my Crumpler Very Busy Man. :D

Funny thing is, most people seem to wear messenger bags the same way you'd probably carry that sling bag.
  4. nickfit macrumors member

May 31, 2003
  5. krossfyter macrumors 601

Jan 13, 2002
    secret city
  6. gemio17 macrumors regular

Nov 13, 2003
    I have the incase sling pack and it's not frumpy at all, and quite comfortable and cool... :) plus it's got a pocket for my iPod- the apple store has the sling pack on the premises so if there's one near you, go to the store and actually try it on - that's what I did!
  7. Phatpat macrumors 6502a

Jun 15, 2003
    Washington DC
    Timbuk2 Commute

Pictures don't do it justice. It looks cool, its very durable and quite comfortable. Also fits the powerbook great.
  8. solitarycow thread starter macrumors member

Jan 5, 2004
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Timbuk2 Commute is a messenger bag. We're looking for sling bags.
  9. gtrinity macrumors newbie

Aug 6, 2003

<b>Westside guy</b>

Is your crumpler bag waterproof or water resistant? I was thinking about getting one for my TiBook and camera.
  10. mattroberts macrumors regular

Oct 25, 2003
    I have a crumpler and it is water resistant. Its gone through several of Ottawas recent snow storms with nothing going wrong. And that includes (eek) leaving it on a snowbank while i hit my best friend with Snowball :)