Anyone know how Fedex overnight works with Apple?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by joecool85, Aug 19, 2005.

1. joecool85 macrumors 65816

joecool85

As a lot of you know, I got a refurb PM that came in DOA. I talked to Apple and they said that as soon as Fedex takes my package, they will scan it and Apple will send me another one. My DOA PM was picked up yesterday at 3pm (Eastern Time) and it is almost 1pm now. I have to go to work soon and I was wondering, should it be coming in today or tomorrow?

2. macbaseball macrumors 6502a

macbaseball

Should be there today. Sometimes Fedex pulls this crap where they say they will deliver it between 10 and 4, and then it shows up 4:30-5:00. Until it doesn't show, i would assume it will be there today.

3. macdon401 macrumors 6502

macdon401

4. joecool85 thread starter macrumors 65816

joecool85

I don't have a tracking number for it. When would they have given it to me? I mean, when I called Apple, I had to wait for Fedex to come get my package, so it's not like they could give me a tracking number then, and when Fedex picked it up they didn't give me any type of tracking number for the other package either. Anyway, I'm back from work and it didn't show up. But there is no note on the door or anything to make me thing that they even came by. Here's hoping to tomorrow before 1:30 when I leave for work.

5. macdon401 macrumors 6502

macdon401

Im confused, if you have no tracking number from FedEx and they picked it up or dropped it off I would be on the phone to Apple right now and tell them to track it... you effectivly have NO reciept of ever having a computer at all!
    If it hasen't been delivered I would want to know why and when it will be, don't be afraid to raise a bit of attitude, you paid for it !
    R

6. mpopkin macrumors 6502

mpopkin

apple uses fedex ip direct distribution which in translation is a big fat contract they signed with fedex that basically guarentees that the product will get to you within a certain timeframe and usually as fast as possible, usually on domestic it is overnight, but it can take two days, they dont have to deliver it next day, but actually within 2-5 days domestic and 3-5 days international, though it is usually faster than that.

7. Chrispy macrumors 68020

Chrispy

Apple can give you your tracking number for the replacement if you call them and give them your web order number from the first unit. I have been through this process so many times I can't even count.... :cool:

8. joecool85 thread starter macrumors 65816

joecool85

Yeah, if I don't get it today I will definetly give 'em a call and try to get a tracking number. And I do have a receipt. I have all the paperwork from the first one that had to get returned. I'm not worried about getting screwed here, I just want to know when I'll get my new PM.