Anyone know how to exit a window while in mission control?

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by ttran88, Aug 2, 2011.

1. macrumors regular

Nov 12, 2009
    So sometimes I open too many windows or I get a couple of ads and want to exit them while in mission control. Right now I have to click it to bring it up and then exit and then go back into mission control. Anyone have a clue? I searched around with no luck.

2. macrumors 68010

Jun 18, 2009
    FEMA Region VIII
    I don't think that's the purpose of Mission Control. You could hit App Expose and knock them out from there.
  3. thread starter macrumors regular

Nov 12, 2009
    I figured out how to do it! I think it is very useful so I'll explain what I did. You need BetterTouchTool which is free. Set up the action to close window under cursor and the gesture to be 3 finger swipe up, which makes it very intuitive because its just like throwing something away, just swipe up :) Plus no other gestures are being taken up by 3 finger swipe up. It also works in mission control. Lets say you go to a website and 4 ads pop up. Mission control by 4 finger swipe up. go over the pop ups and swipe up with 3 fingers and it closes without exiting mission control so you can do it to all of em while in mission control. Enjoy!
  4. macrumors 6502

Jun 13, 2009
    Thanks for the tip!