anyone know how to make your own polyphonic ring tones

Discussion in 'Community' started by continuum, Sep 25, 2004.

1. continuum macrumors 6502

continuum

I want to make my own polyphonic ring tones for my cell. Anyone know how?

2. munkle macrumors 68030

munkle

NO, don't do it!!!! I can't stand polyphonic ring tones, they're so bloody piercing! Just put it in your pocket and set it on vibrate - more fun for everybody involved! ;)

(Not the most helpful post I know but just say no to polyphonic ringtones!)

3. evil_santa macrumors 6502a

evil_santa

Mobile Ringtone on the the Tube drive me mad, second to people playing games on their phones with the sound up.

4. FuzzyBallz macrumors 6502a

FuzzyBallz

It should be mandatory for people who talks non-stop on their god damn cell phone on public transit to have "I'm an attention whore" stamped on their forehead.

5. continuum thread starter macrumors 6502

continuum

i always have my phone on vibrate because it's almost always in my pocket. i want to do this when i'm home and the phone is in another room. pockets are emptied when i walk in the house.

6. continuum thread starter macrumors 6502

continuum

eh...that's not what i'm looking for. it doesn't support my phone anyhow, but it looks as though it makes cheesy mini tunes. i'm looking for the hi-fi ones that can do an actual song...oh well.

7. AmigoMac macrumors 68020

AmigoMac

I do like ringtones, the phone is not always in my pocket, not when I'm at home, it's on 24/7 so I need to hear it...

I go normally to iMovie, include a part of a song (depends on my mood) and export it as .wav, send it to the phone (Bluetooth), save it and voila...
    I have different songs for every kind of calls (Work, Family, Personal business...) But if I'm in a place full of people, just vibrating is ok...

8. evil_santa macrumors 6502a

evil_santa

I got noise canceling headphones for my ipod. knocks out: ring tones, people shouting into phones "I'M ON THE TRAIN ITS ABOUT TO GO INTO A TUNNEL", Screaming children. & those realy usefull public address announcements that i can never de-cypher anyway. :D

9. evoluzione macrumors 68010

evoluzione

down the road, that's where i'll always be
    depending on what format your phone accepts, a simple midi program will do the trick. and there's millions of tunes in midi already of course. if your phone won't accept midi files, you'll need something else, maybe a converter as you'll not have too much trouble finding a midi composing program.

10. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

I actually think he's asking to turn a few regular mp3 songs into mobile ringtones...

Anyway, why not just shorten a song? Certainly all you need is a shorter version of a song, or just use the entire song, although it'll only ever get to the first few seconds before going to voicemail.