Anyone know of a good comp table?

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by coopdog, Apr 3, 2003.

1. macrumors 6502a

I'm in search for a good computer table. I have done a lot of searching! All the tables I have found are not deep at all, or are way too modern. If I had my way I would get a really modern work station with cpu holders and stuff, but I have to stick with more traditional look. :eek:

What im looking for, a desk that is about 80" wide won't fit if wider. CPU holder, Keyboard tray...

If anyone can direct me to a good desk site or computer/office tables, That would be very nice!

Thank You!

-Hope to get my new comp soon to go a long with the table :)

2. macrumors 6502

3. macrumors 68000

Eniregnat

I have to say the same. Ikea.
    Stay away from computer desks and tables, the cheap kind that have 4 billion useless and easily breakable parts and compartments.

I use Ikea at work and the clean modular nature has give us a lot of good use and flexibility.

I am partial to the simple door blank on top of good sawhorses, but that's me. Or a plexen top on the same. But Ikea is a more elegant solution.

4. macrumors 65816

Nipsy

I keep lying to myself that I'm going to build a proper desk, but am using a door atop an older desk.

Plenty o' space, and drawers too:
    [​IMG]

Old photo, with hardware that's since been sold, but you get the idea.

5. macrumors 68000

Eniregnat

I can't stand drawrs that can easly be relocated, hence the prefrence for Ikia and a Door on sawhorses.

Your picture does show how useful a large flat surface is.