Anyone know of a GREAT Email App?

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by kdesign7, Jun 1, 2010.

1. macrumors 6502a

They MAIL app won't allow me to use my hotmail acct, but I did read that they are working on correcting the issue, but in the mean time, does anyone know of an iPad App for email clients?!

I have mBox Hotmail (iphone version) on my iPad and it works great, but it's not a native iPad app.

Thanks for your help!

2. Guest

Surely

Is something wrong with using hotmail's website in Safari?

People still use hotmail?;)

3. thread starter macrumors 6502a

lol, sure I can use the website, it works fine, but it doesnt do push notifications./

Ya.. I use hotmail cause its free... lol. I dont mind gmail... and I dont have yahoo.

What free email service would you recommend?! :)

4. Guest

Surely

5. thread starter macrumors 6502a

I honestly didnt know that, but then again, I didnt really think about it. Well hell, if Gmail works, Ill use that then... I just want to be able to use an email service taht will work with the Mail App so that I Can get push notifications.

Cant you use Gmail to sync with other accts from other services, I think I recall seeing that somewhere?!

Who knows, I'll look into it!

Thanks mate!

6. macrumors regular

+1 to gmail

Given how much better it is it's a wonder that there is anyone left using hotmail.

7. macrumors regular

Most email services allow you to forward email to another address. Simply set up the forwarding from your existing hotmail/msn/live account to gmail and bam, you're golden.

If they don't 'officially' support this, you may be able to set up an 'autoreply' in some fashion like a vacation response but have it send the messages to your new/gmail account.

The biggest reason I ended up using my gmail account as primary was the imap/pop support for free. I know yahoo didn't offer that (unless it was recently changed) and can't remember if hotmail, etc. does).

8. macrumors 6502a

You can forward hotmail to gmail and then setup the defaul mail with gmail. That's what I did and it works faultlessly.

9. macrumors 65816

Galley

Keep in mind that a FREE MobileMe mail account may available as soon as next week.