Anyone know of any 3rd party 2GB memory chips

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by register, Nov 14, 2006.

1. register macrumors newbie

hey,
    ordered my Macbook Pro. I think its awesome that they come with 2GB as standard now. Although I'm not in a hurry for it, I might want to up the memory to 3GB someday. Apple charge a fortune for memory with their logo on... does anyone know if any 3rd party 2GB chips are available? makes such as Dane-Elec seem to be good, and much better priced than apple.

2. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

You'll find that two of the most trusted third-party RAM vendors around here are OWC and DMS. Both are very Mac-knowledgeable, have excellent customer service, and guarantee the RAM they sell to work in Macs.

3. fivetoadsloth macrumors 65816

fivetoadsloth

yeah they are both very good vendors, have good upoort, and unlikemost, understand macs.

4. adiosk8 macrumors regular

Isnt a whole lot to understand now since most of the hardware is identical do the rest of the hardware out there

5. SiliconAddict macrumors 603

SiliconAddict

Timing, memory latency among other things. Supposedly OS X is a lot more sensitive to the quality of RAM in the system then Windows is which is why you occasionally see people posting out KP's after they upgrade their memory. *shrugs*