Anyone know of any good mac mmorpg?

Discussion in 'Games' started by ijimk, Jun 21, 2004.

1. ijimk macrumors 6502a

ijimk

I know World of Warcraft is due out later this year just looking for a good mac mmorpg . I used to play dark age of camelot and had 2 lvl 50 toons( that the max level). Any suggestions are welcome. Although i would prefer it to be in 3d and compatible with Os x.

2. SilentPanda Moderator emeritus

SilentPanda

You'll pretty much have to wait for World of Warcraft. Everquest is available but development unofficially ceased on that a good 9 months ago and unofficially a few months back. I think there are some rather obscure ones (which doesn't mean they're bad) but they will most likely lack any sort of userbase. Shadowbane comes to mind and I believe Lineage might have a Mac client.

3. Chaszmyr macrumors 601

Chaszmyr

Shadowbane, Lineage, and Everquest (without expansions) have mac clients... None of which are terrible games, but they weren't exactly my favorites either. World of Warcraft is ofcourse coming to mac, and it's pretty good

4. yellow Moderator emeritus

yellow

There's also ClanLord... which.. well, you can look at it yourself.

5. Santiago macrumors regular

Puzzle Pirates is also supported on Macs. It's a completely different sort of MMORPG, where you play a pirate (obviously) and all in-game tasks are accomplished by little games like Bejeweled, Tertris, and PopCap-type stuff. My fiancee played it extensively during the beta, and her mother bought a lifetime account.

6. Pastel macrumors newbie