Anyone know what the latest version of the original Fallout is for mac os x?

Discussion in 'Games' started by Fucius, Feb 21, 2006.

1. Fucius macrumors newbie

Anyone know what the latest version of the original Fallout is for mac os x?

During the game in the inventory screen there is no "Drop" option for items, I'm hoping there is an update available to fix this.

If there is such an update, will you please kindly respond with the link?

Thanx in advance.

2. Kernow macrumors 65816

Kernow

Per the Macplay website here, the latest version is 1.0. i.e the version that you got when you bought it is the most recent - there are no updates.

To drop items from the inventory screen, select the action cursor (by right clicking) and hold the mouse button down over the item you want to drop. You should get a menu which you can scroll through using the mouse. The drop option is the hand pointing down. If you scroll to this and release the mouse button, you should be able to drop the item.

3. Fucius thread starter macrumors newbie

ahhhhhhhhhh.......

awesome! I'm gonna try that when I get home tonight. thanx man! :D

4. Fucius thread starter macrumors newbie

I've got another question....

I've got Ian as my sidekick and he keeps using his knife instead of guns for his most powerful weapon despite asking him to use his most powerful weapon next time in battle. How do I get him to start using his guns instead?

5. bokdol macrumors 6502a

bokdol

try to trade away his knife... then he will only use the guns

6. Fucius thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanx for responding dude, I actually stole all his knives but I can't seem to get him to drop the one in his hand.

7. Fucius thread starter macrumors newbie

okay, nevermind he finally switched but got killed at the mutant military base. lol

thanx everyone for your help.

I've got another question though....

I'm trying to finish the game just to see how it ends and so far I've made it to the mutant military base. I went the cowboy route and shot up the whole joint killing all the mutants and sentry robots but I can't seem to get the force fields down to make it to level 4 and blow up the base despite hacking the "computer" to lower it's sheilds according to various walkthrus I found online. The walkthru it also said that the radio transmitter could be used to control the computer but when I attempt this all get is dead air on the radio transmitter. Any ideas on how to get to level 4 in the mutant military base?