Anyone know where to buy individual keys for a MBP?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by cobravap, Feb 27, 2007.

1. cobravap macrumors regular

Long story short, i melted some of my keys off (hair dryer accident). Everything else works fine. But 3 keys popped off and i need to at least 3 keys but there are 5 more keys that are bent. I found 1 site selling them for $9 a key! but anyone know any other sites? Do you think apple will sell them to me. All i need is the actual keys cause nothing else is broken. all the buttons still work.

Thanks

Attached Files:

2. Blubbert macrumors 6502

I would try taking it to an Apple store, cause it should still be covered by warantee.

3. Eric1285 macrumors 6502

I wouldn't advise anyone to do this (since it's pretty much stealing) but you *could* go to your local Apple Store / CompUSA / Best Buy or whatever and "borrow" the keys off their display.

4. greenmeanie macrumors 6502a

greenmeanie

Hairdryer? what in the heck is your laptop doing where you do your hair?

5. Eric1285 macrumors 6502

How should it be covered under warranty? It was an accident, and even Apple Care doesn't cover accidents. The warranty only covers defects.

6. Blubbert macrumors 6502

Maybe a creative story of how the keys cleft in twain? Its no more silly than the suggestion to go to the apple store and nick the keys clear off the display model.

7. nazmac21 macrumors 6502a

nazmac21

8. The Stig macrumors 6502a

The Stig

The most important thing is to make sure you hair looks good. Is your hair alright? It didn't get hurt did it? Make sure you get your priorities straight and make sure you hair is ok.

The Stig

9. Peace macrumors P6

Peace

Dude that is called theft and is illegal.If you wish to not get banned I'd recommend editing your post and not telling people to steal.

10. Anonymous Freak macrumors 601

Anonymous Freak

Independent Apple Authorized Service Center

Try an independent AASC. Not an actual Apple Store, but an independent place. Explain what happened, as embarrassed as you can (which probably won't be hard,) and ask if it would be covered under your AppleCare, and if not, how much it would cost to fix.

Don't lie to them, but definitely look as "I feel like an idiot" as you can. In all likelihood, they will call Apple, and try to get it covered under AppleCare, so you won't have to lie to Apple. And if not, it shouldn't cost too much.

11. cobravap thread starter macrumors regular

ok, thanks for the quick replies. I tried calling apple care. but i guess they were closed.