Anyone knows that if there would be a GTA III on Mac

Discussion in 'Games' started by msharp, Jul 14, 2004.

1. msharp macrumors regular

msharp

2. Dr. Zauis macrumors member

Just buy an xbox or ps2. They both have GTA III and Vice City available for them.

3. Toeknee macrumors regular

Toeknee

yeah i second that.. i have both and im kinda glad they arent on the mac. ONLY because i heard its really hard to play with the keyboard.

4. benpatient macrumors 68000

i played GTA3 on PS2 and it was quite fun. Then I played it on PC and it was suddenly possible for me to get through some of the harder rampages, etc that i couldn't do before on the PS2.

I didn't even bother with playing the PS2 version of Vice City, i just waited 8 months or whatever it was for the PC version.

I'll be waiting for the PC version of San Andreas, as well.

It's just a much, much, much more rewarding experience on the computer. Mainly because:

1. mouse aiming (nuff said)
    2. mp3 "radio station" will play all of your music when you tire of K-Chat and hearing "love fist" commercials.
    3. you can make your own skins (for players, etc)
    4. game hacks have been put together that let you transform the cars into real, extremely detailed versions...driving porsches, ferraris, mercs and corvettes instead of "blista compacts" and "infernos"
    5. double or triple the resolution, precision, and texture quality of the PS2 version
    6. positional 3d surround sound

but there will never be a Mac version.

5. applekid macrumors 68020

I'll repeat myself and others again. Rockstar is interested in releasing a game on the Mac. When or what, we don't know. Westlake is porting three games currently and two are at final candidate. It could be possible a version of GTA is one of them, but of course, I can't say that with any certainty at all.

I prefer the PC version, too. Much more customizable and you can aim with the mouse. And the graphics have more potential to be higher quality on a computer.

6. msharp thread starter macrumors regular

msharp

well, i don't think it is good to play such games on a console like PS 2 or X-Box. you'll know what i mean when i saw one of my friend aiming hard enemies in games like GTA, MOH:Rising sun.... I thought that was a terrible thing, maybe I've been used to use a mouse, rather than a pad.

I played GTA III and many good games on my PC before. But now i'm still hoping the great works be ported to Macs, 'cause i'm loving mac more.

7. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

Both of those games seem to have been developed in parallel - they were both added at the same time, and both progressed through the various stages at the same time. I have a suspicion that they're GTA3 and GTAVC.

8. benpatient macrumors 68000

they might be something else, though, like another one of those WWII games, and then the expansion pack for it.

9. pgc6000 macrumors 6502a

Hopefully it isn't. I love WWII shooters (MOH, COD) but I really want GTA: 3 and Vice ity on the Mac.

10. BornAgainMac macrumors 603

BornAgainMac

I didn't like GTA on the Xbox compared to running on a PC. I prefered the keyboard. I didn't last very long using the game controller. Also the graphics were much better on the PC version. I would like to see GTA on the Mac.

11. monsquaz macrumors newbie

Although I'd probably be safer with my inner 16-year-old self's pessimistic viewpoint that Westlake isn't working on them, I believe I my inner 13-year-old self would be interested in seeing them in fruition.