Anyone like "The Mouse" BT?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by gauchogolfer, Feb 6, 2006.

1. gauchogolfer macrumors 603

gauchogolfer

I'm looking for a bluetooth mouse to go with my 15" PB, since I'm currently using a MacAlly BT mouse from work. I've seen quite a few options out there...does anyone have experience with "The Mouse" from DVForge? This is the model I'm speaking of here. Thanks for any feedback.

2. adk macrumors 68000

adk

I had one. The tracking was horrible without a mousepad. When I say horrible I mean basically not useable. With a mousepad it still tracks sub par. It also just feels cheap in your hand. I'd say look for something else, especially at that price. I got mine for $30 off of another forum and I still felt like I paid too much.

3. gauchogolfer thread starter macrumors 603

gauchogolfer

Thanks for the reply. I'm using the Macally BTJunior now, and it's pretty good, but goes through batteries pretty quickly (plus no off button, I have to remove the batteries), so that's my only real complaint. It tracks fine on my plain desk, so I guess I won't fix what's not broken.

4. Preacher85 macrumors member

Preacher85

Hi,

I had a "The Mouse BT" for over a year. I remember being very enamored by the pictures of it online and also being very disappointed when I opened the box and saw how cheaply made it was. Because I had spent so much money on it, I tried to convince myself that it was great mouse, and even told others so. But, after using it for a year, I realized how big of an idiot I was. It ate batteries like a three-year old eats chocolate, its tracking was absolutely awful, and I agree with adk that it felt extremely cheap in my hand.

So the hunt was on for a new mouse. I ended up going back to a wired mouse for my iBook. I got the Mighty Mouse from Apple. Yes, I paid a lot for a wired mouse, but I have rarely been disappointed with a product from Apple, and I do really enjoy the Mighty Mouse. I don't think I will go back to a Bluetooth mouse unless it had good battery life and used Bluetooth 2.0 + EDR to help hedge the latency issues with a lot of wireless mice.

My $.02