Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gauchogolfer

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jan 28, 2005
American Riviera
I'm looking for a bluetooth mouse to go with my 15" PB, since I'm currently using a MacAlly BT mouse from work. I've seen quite a few options out there...does anyone have experience with "The Mouse" from DVForge? This is the model I'm speaking of here. Thanks for any feedback.

adk

macrumors 68000
Nov 11, 2005
Stuck in the middle with you
I had one. The tracking was horrible without a mousepad. When I say horrible I mean basically not useable. With a mousepad it still tracks sub par. It also just feels cheap in your hand. I'd say look for something else, especially at that price. I got mine for $30 off of another forum and I still felt like I paid too much.

gauchogolfer

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jan 28, 2005
American Riviera
Thanks for the reply. I'm using the Macally BTJunior now, and it's pretty good, but goes through batteries pretty quickly (plus no off button, I have to remove the batteries), so that's my only real complaint. It tracks fine on my plain desk, so I guess I won't fix what's not broken.

Preacher85

macrumors member
Nov 21, 2004
Vermillion, SD
Hi,

I had a "The Mouse BT" for over a year. I remember being very enamored by the pictures of it online and also being very disappointed when I opened the box and saw how cheaply made it was. Because I had spent so much money on it, I tried to convince myself that it was great mouse, and even told others so. But, after using it for a year, I realized how big of an idiot I was. It ate batteries like a three-year old eats chocolate, its tracking was absolutely awful, and I agree with adk that it felt extremely cheap in my hand.

So the hunt was on for a new mouse. I ended up going back to a wired mouse for my iBook. I got the Mighty Mouse from Apple. Yes, I paid a lot for a wired mouse, but I have rarely been disappointed with a product from Apple, and I do really enjoy the Mighty Mouse. I don't think I will go back to a Bluetooth mouse unless it had good battery life and used Bluetooth 2.0 + EDR to help hedge the latency issues with a lot of wireless mice.

My $.02

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.