Anyone listen to that DI-FM (TRANCE) internet radio?

Discussion in 'Community' started by Porshuh944turbo, Jun 17, 2003.

1. Porshuh944turbo macrumors 6502

I've been listening to DigitallyImported.com's TRANCE station for some time now.. I am hooked! I wondered if any other MR people listen over there... they usually have around 3000+ listeners at any given time from around the world. I play it at home all the time... I rip the streams and burn them to CD to listen to my car.. etc... It's all I want to listen to now!

If you want a sample, just go to www.digitallyimported.com (this is not a spam thing.. i am not affiliated in anyway) and click the 128k button next to the TRANCE station... it should load in iTunes on a Mac or WinAmp on windows....

My fav DJ is X-Ray Ted.... you can hear his stuff by downloading from..

http://yujanin.hotbox.ru/donate.html

newho.. just thought i'd see if there are trancers over here.... who do you like? how often do you listen?

2. VIREBEL661 macrumors regular

LOVE IT.... It rocks... Thing about trance is that you can put it on and just fade into the music, and relax.. Also perfect to mix with your drug of choice or alcohol (if you do that sort of thing, I sometimes do)....

3. Porshuh944turbo thread starter macrumors 6502

not into drugs here.... getting drunk isn't my thing either... tried it once... wasnt impressed.

I'lloccasionally have a drink, but i don't have an urge to feel like crap the next day :)

anyway.. back to trance... who do you like?

4. Thom_Edwards macrumors regular

house music all nite long

i love that stuff! i've been into house music since the late 80s. thing is, it was always hard to get good stuff over the airwaves, but now with all these kewl internet stations the only hard part is figuring out which one to listen to.

i see you're from arlington. i'm a little south of you, in waco. we used to hit the house parties in dallas and houston all the time when i was at a&m and u of houston. i'm a little old for the rave scene now (or whatever the kids are calling it these days ;) ), but i sometimes get the urge to wallflower just to hear the stuff in a warehouse!

anyway, i'm starting to get into a sentimental rambling on of the glory days... check out some of the other stations in the electronica section of the itunes radio. there is some good jungle in there, too :D

5. jethroted macrumors 6502a

jethroted

Do a search on google for psy or goa trance, and you will get the best of the best radio stations playing trance. That stuff is crazy!

6. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Not bad stuff - I'd been listening to xtc radio - on the iTunes electronica list. This is a good option, its now on my list to play.

D

7. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Ok, after listening to it all morning I've changed my mind - the music selection is awesome!

If it keeps up like this I'll have a new favorite.

Thanks for posting this!

woohoo!!:D

D

8. pgwalsh macrumors 68000

pgwalsh

9. MacBandit macrumors 604

MacBandit

I can't seem to find the XTC radio in iTunes.

Porshuh944turbo Thanks for the DiFM Trance stuff it's great. I've been looking for this sort of thing for a while. What would be a good group if I wanted to buy an album?

10. Porshuh944turbo thread starter macrumors 6502

I'm really not too sure.. I know amazon has some stuff.. I found a link on DigitallyImported.com to amazon and another site you can buy from..

some of the DJ's have sites built on DJCentral.com. I know x-ray ted does.... but other than that, I'm not real sure.. I mostly stream it... sometimes I use ripcast on my pc box to record it.. it's pretty cool how it does it.. (get the old version cause it's free). It seperates each song (or set) into it's own MP3 file, then puts the id3 tags for you automatically and puts it in a folder...

once it does this.. i load up MP3 Rage and use one of the tools (can't remember which) to sort the files in the folder by date.. this puts a track number in the ID3 tag by the date it was recorded... then, I use another MP3 Rage tool to make the Track NUmber show up in the file name like "01 - [songname].mp3" so it keeps it in order when I burn it to a cd for my mp3/cd player.. otherwise it will sort it alphabetically and the fades are out of order between songs...

11. MacBandit macrumors 604

MacBandit

Thanks for the suggestions I'll look into Amazon. Also thanks for the idea about the stream ripper but to my ears 128bits sounds like someones talking through a can. I have all my personal MP3s ripped at 320Kb/s. Personally to me CDs sound like crap so at least you know where I'm coming from. Oh, I can't wait for DVD Audio it sounds so so much better it's just not mature enough yet.

12. Porshuh944turbo thread starter macrumors 6502

you can order vinyls of these guys too i think... and if you've got a good turntable setup.. it'll sound much better than CD or 320kbps mp3s

13. MacBandit macrumors 604

MacBandit

I agree on that but I don't have a turntable. I bought one a while back but when I got it it was broken so I sent it back and haven't gotten another one. They're just too expensive for the little I would use it. Also records sound great the first 4 or 5 times you play them then they degrade so you have to convert them to a lossless format right away in my oppinion.