Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

moogman

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 3, 2003
Cheshire, UK
Hi All,

I used to have a Rev A. 17" PB G4, so I know it should be there... but on the Mac mini I can't find the options to stretch, tile or center the wallpaper. By default its set to stretch... but I'm sure there should be a drop down box underneath the wallpaper name that gives you these options?

I've spoken to another friend with a Mac mini and he has seen the same thing, is there something a little weird with the seed of 10.3.7 that Mac mini ships with?

(I tried installing Panther from normal cd's, but it didnt work :( )

thanks

m.

OutThere

macrumors 603
Dec 19, 2002
NYC
Here are two things you can post a screenshot of for comparison. The first is in sys. prefs/desktop, and the second is under "About this Mac", after clicking on the os version once.

Attachments

• pica.jpg
    pica.jpg
    6.7 KB · Views: 99
  • picb.jpg
    picb.jpg
    2.6 KB · Views: 609

jburrw

macrumors newbie
Jan 29, 2004
I'm not seeing this problem on my Mac mini. Everything appears to be there.

mymemory

macrumors 68020
May 9, 2001
Miami
I had the same probem just yesterday in my 12" Powerbook. The thing is that you hace to choose an image smaller than your screen resolution for you to have the options of "streaching". If the image is already large the options won't come out at first.

Gee

macrumors 65816
Feb 27, 2004
London, UK
mymemory said:
I had the same probem just yesterday in my 12" Powerbook. The thing is that you hace to choose an image smaller than your screen resolution for you to have the options of "streaching". If the image is already large the options won't come out at first.

Yep, I agree. If you pick an image (such as many that come pre-installed) that's the same resolution as the screen you're using, you don't get the option.

moogman

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 3, 2003
Cheshire, UK
Gee said:
Yep, I agree. If you pick an image (such as many that come pre-installed) that's the same resolution as the screen you're using, you don't get the option.

hmmm.. interesting... im running at 1680x1050 with an apple screen, but I'm sure I've tried others... ill have a look tonight... will also post the details of my build number, etc.

thanks

m.

moogman

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 3, 2003
Cheshire, UK
very strange!

i tried another wallpaper and then received the options to scale, no matter what res I am in, the apple supplied wallpapers simply dont offer that option! (Even I change another wallpaper to "tiled" then it says as tiled when I switch back to an apple wall, and it tiles it!)

Heres my info though... just in case anyone is interested!

Attachments

• Version.jpg
    Version.jpg
    2.6 KB · Views: 245
  • Wall.jpg
    Wall.jpg
    8.3 KB · Views: 55

fistful

macrumors 6502a
Mar 29, 2004
Socan
not all of the apple desktops are full screen, for example on my 15" pb "aqua blue" fills the screen however "classic aqua blue" and "jaguar aqua blue" do not.

anyways I just looked and the option to stretch to fill screen in absent however I did find a workaround. if you click on "choose folder", pick an image the option to "stretch to fill screen" should appear then click on "apple backgrounds" choose the one you'd like and it should stretch to fit screen. at least it worked on mine.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.