Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

andrewface

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 17, 2006
anyone notice that when you run windows on the macbook that heat is no longer a problem?
just goes to show how much harder osx tiger runs

treblah

macrumors 65816
Oct 28, 2003
I have actually noticed the exact opposite although the fans seem to come on quicker.

That could be due to the fact the only time I'm in XP is for HL2, FarCry, or Oblivion…

ImNoSuperMan

macrumors 65816
Dec 1, 2005
andrewface said:
anyone notice that when you run windows on the macbook that heat is no longer a problem?

Are you really sure bout that. I`d heard of MBPs not whining under winblows but heat is worse with WinBlows on your MB/MBP than OSX. I m just guessing but it`s atleast 10-15 degrees hotter when I m running WinDozzzze than OSX on my MB.

andrewface said:
LOL. What do you actually mean by saying OSX runs harder. Sorry i didnt get what you are trying to imply. I am not even sure it`s a positive for OSX or a negative:confused: .

TBi

macrumors 68030
Jul 26, 2005
Ireland
andrewface said:

Probably because windows actually implements speedstep properly and the core goes down to 1GHz instead of staying at 1.5GHz.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.