Anyone order one of the Targus cases for the iPad 2 on Amazon?

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by Justin Luck, Mar 9, 2011.

1. macrumors regular

I chose the $40 version. The $60 case with the 360 swivel looks nice, but a bit too bulky for my taste with the break in the middle. I'll see how the $40 one is. Hopefully the iPad will feel secure in it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zd1agNRzkKE

2. macrumors member

I ordered the Targus 360 Swivel Stand/Case and got it Monday. It really is nice and it doesn't seem too bulky. The part that covers the screen when it's closed is soft and thicker for added protection. I think it will be a great case.

3. macrumors 6502

Does the case fold flat for handheld use? I haven't been able to find any pictures of it online in such a position, and that's the one major misgiving I have about ordering it.

4. macrumors member

I wondered that too, but I took the chance and if it didn't I'd just return it. But it does! I've attached pictures.

Top view:
    [​IMG]

Level view:
    [​IMG]

5. macrumors 6502

awesome man, thanks!

6. macrumors member

No problem, glad to help!

7. macrumors regular

tek210

I ordered the 360 unit, should be in tomorrow. I think it will fit the bill for what I need. At least I don't have to leave it naked on day 1 and be paranoid all the time.

8. macrumors 68000

I may order the cheaper one so that I know for sure I have a case for it on Friday, but more than likely it would be going back to Amazon before the 30 days is up.

9. macrumors regular

Which ideal case do you have your eye on at the moment?

10. macrumors 68000

I'm not really a folio case kind of guy. I am actually hoping a TPU case is available at launch. Targus has one, but it's not currently available at Amazon and I don't know if it will be in stores at launch.

11. macrumors regular

I ordered a clear TPU case from the handhelditems.com link given in the iPad 2 case thread futher down the page. Came out to just under $12 after tax.

12. macrumors 68000

Yeah, it may have been the link I shared. I didn't order from there mainly because I knew it wouldn't be here Friday. If nothing is available in store Friday then I might order from HHI.

13. macrumors regular

I'm sorry but that case looks hideous. Looks way too bulky, and the white stitching showing with the black looks awfully tacky. These cases are the reason Apple went with the smart cover to not compromise the beautiful design of the iPad, but to each his own.

14. Liberal, Mar 9, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2011

macrumors member

Yeah I'm not a big fan of the white-on-black stitching of the case featured in the video, but the 360 Swivel stand/case from Targus has stitching that matches the color of the material on the inside of the case which makes it look nicer, in my opinion.

15. macrumors regular

AFAIK, both Targus cases have the exact same colors for their interiors and stitching. I'll post photos of mine when it arrives.

Take a look at them here:

http://www.targus.com/us/section.as...laWdodD0wJmxhc3RpdGVtPVRIWjA0NlVTJnNvcnRieT18

16. macrumors regular

My Targus case arrived today. Overall, good impression. Very slim profile and the front cover easily bends around to be flush with the back. Color of the stitching matches the interior. I like how the entire iPad is surrounded with a soft inner lining. Another plus, there is no strap, but rather the front cover hooks around the iPad to keep it closed. Here are some quick pics:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. macrumors 68000

looks nice. I ordered the TPU case earlier. It was in stock on Amazon earlier, but now showing that it will be in stock and shipping on the 12th.

18. macrumors 68000

3goldens

I would wait for the Mophie case myself!

19. macrumors regular

I need to start writing more reviews for Amazon. lol I see a lot of people got the Mophie case for free as part of the Amazon Vine program.

20. macrumors 6502

Justin Luck. Thanks for the Photos.

Can you tell me what the weight of the case is?

21. macrumors member

According to Amazon, the Targus VuScape, pictured above by Justin Luck, weighs 6.4 ounces.

22. macrumors member

Does it fold flat on the back? I had a case like this that wouldn't. Thanks.

23. macrumors regular

My postal scale says it weighs 9.4 oz. Feels very light in hand--without an iPad of course. ;)

And yes, the front cover easily folds flat to the back.

24. macrumors 68000

3goldens

Yea I did too, got it today what a piece of crap!

I'll bet right now this rush job is not going to fit at all, and the camera will be obstructed.

A total waste of money!

25. macrumors 68000

3goldens

what is amazon vine program?