Anyone ordered Socks yet?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by ebook, Nov 9, 2004.

1. ebook macrumors 6502

I was just wondering if anyone has ordered some iPod Socks yet? I personally kind of like the idea just becuase it is a fun case idea and soft and fuzzy...

I noticed that they are expected to ship in December (didn't they say November at first?). Also, I was wondering if anyone would be willing to sell me one sock or two socks or something. I don't really need 6 socks, but I would love one or two. Let me know if you ordered them yet.

2. Jaz macrumors regular

I'm shortly upgrading from my 1G 5Gig to a 40GiPod or 60GiPodPhoto and man I am tempted! :)

3. Will Curran macrumors regular

Will Curran

Yea, tell get someone with a size 10 US foot and tell me if they fit!!!!!

4. jimsowden macrumors 68000

jimsowden

5. rdowns Suspended

rdowns

You must be kidding. I have no intention of getting any Apple socks until they release a pro version.

6. timnosenzo macrumors 6502a

timnosenzo

I don't think they'll fit you feet...unless your feet look like this:
    [​IMG]
    :D

7. ebook thread starter macrumors 6502

I can see the thread now...

You're right! I can see the thread titles now, "iSock or Power Sock". People will say they have an iPod that they listen to while doing e-mail, light photoshop, and maybe some final cut express which one should I get? Pro or iSock. Then the responses will come in something like this...

"For your needs an iSock would be enough"
    "If you can afford the Power Sock you might as well get it because you will never know when you are going to need to use the whole Adobe Suite at once while you are listening to your iPod"
    "I have the iSock and I love it. The all in one design is perfect for most people"
    "Personally, I wouldn't purchase either of them until they come standard with at lest 512 mb of ram!"

You can see the way that will go can't you?

8. Chaszmyr macrumors 601

Chaszmyr

The real question is whether the PowerSock will be single-pocket or dual-pocket ;)

9. Inkmonkey macrumors 6502

Sweet Chattering Chimpanzees! I think that maybe some of us have ordered them but are too embarassed to admit it. :rolleyes:
    Not me though. :eek:

10. DavidLeblond macrumors 68020

DavidLeblond

So you haven't ordered them, or you aren't too embarassed to admit it? :D

11. jared_kipe macrumors 68030

jared_kipe

Single, there's no way they can deal with the extra material and heat issues. A dual sock would be enormous.

12. zelmo macrumors 603

zelmo

Exactly!

Hey, if anyone does order them and wants to unload the purple, gray, or pink ones, PM me.

13. Inkmonkey macrumors 6502

Great Gorgeous Gorillas! Actually I haven't ordered them. But I've been seriously thinking about putting them on my Xmas list.

I bought an expensive iPod case and have kept my iPod in it pretty much since day 1. But it still somehow managed to get scratched! So I'm giving up on babying it. I want to hold it naked like it was meant to be held. And maybe carry it around in a sock to make it comfortable.

14. Inkmonkey macrumors 6502

Sweet Silly Simians! Will do, my friend. I'll see if Santa leaves some socks under the tree for me. Or even better would be socks in my stocking! :D

15. V.A.Toss macrumors regular

Only apple could make 'the sock' appear sexy.

Atleast now your grandparents christmas present wont seem quite so uncool.

16. QCassidy352 macrumors G3

QCassidy352

Post of the day! Thanks for that one. :D

17. russed macrumors 68000

russed

18. Iggy macrumors regular

Does anyone know when i can get them in the uk? Don't dis the socks, All other cases suck. I think I might hold out till they put a G5 chip in it though.

19. ebook thread starter macrumors 6502

Hey, if anyone does order sock I want one or two! I'm willing to order if anyone wants to buy them from me also. The colors I would be most interested in are: blue, gray, green (in that order). Let's try to work out a deal, and don't worry about it being a Rev. A product Apple has great customer support (ummm...yeah, don't read my post about dealing with Apple).

20. Will Curran macrumors regular

Will Curran

ya never know... might have small feet.

id buy socks from apple if they were for feet and had little apple tags hanging out.. and were in vibrant colors.. or powerbook grey..

21. Cheap-Chopstix macrumors member

Could this be? ... A stepping stone for apple to get into the clothing business. They've taken on the music business and kicked ass could they also do the same for the fashion world with Apple Sweaters and Apple Denim. Tune in next week for another episode of the Twilight Zone.

22. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

i wish.... i want an apple shirt, like the ones they wear in the store..... :cool:

23. Ugg macrumors 68000

Ugg

Ahh, Apple branded clothing in the GAP. Speaking of which, I bought an MP3 case at the GAP the other day for $4 (it was on the sale table) I didn't have my iPod with me but I thought, hey, the GAP guy is on Apple's board so they must be designed for the iPod, right? Wrong, it's way too big and fits like a mondo sized condom. I 'spose it might fit a PDA but since I don't have one....

24. Inkmonkey macrumors 6502

Great Bitching Baboons! Oooo...black turtlenecks and faded jeans! Nice!

25. Inkmonkey macrumors 6502

Sweet Clumsy Capuchins! They seem to have posted a new picture of the socks in the store. New to me at least.

[​IMG]