Anyone own a GBA flash linker/card?

Discussion in 'Games' started by Foxglove9, Jun 18, 2006.

1. Foxglove9 macrumors 65816

Foxglove9

I have a Flash Advance Xtreme USB linker + card for my Game Boy Advance and wanted to upload some homebrews on it. I used to use a PC to do it since that's what the software is available on, however I don't have the PC set up anymore.

Does anyone know of any OS X USB linker software?

I found this one but I can't figure out how to get it working.

http://www.gameboy-advance.net/fal_soft/gba_flash_advance_mac_os_x.htm

:confused:

2. SamIchi macrumors 68030

SamIchi

Get Parallels, or Boot Camp. Problem solved!

When I used to use my flash card, I just used my brothers PC. There just isn't any more games I wanna play.

3. ZildjianKX macrumors 68000

ZildjianKX

GBA Link_Mac_v0.5 is the only thing you're going to be able to use. I was writing an OS X frontend for it awhile ago, but the author of the command line tool stopped working on the project and never added SRAM support to it, so there was no point. The program will work fine with your linker, but I recommend using pogoshell with it to do your save handling (you'll need a PC to use pogoshell though).

To use GBA Link_Mac_v0.5, you'll need a Tiger compile of libusb. Here is a link to a precompiled one for Tiger (PPC) : http://www.ellert.se/PKGS/libusb-0.1.12/10.4/libusb.pkg.tar.gz

If you're running an intel mac, I suggest using darwinports to compile it yourself.

I don't think Virtual PC will work to recognize your flash linker via USB, but you can at least use Virtual PC to get Pogoshell working.

4. Foxglove9 thread starter macrumors 65816

Foxglove9

Thanks for your responses!

I'm still on a G5 so no boot camp for me just yet. I'll look into this some more, it might be easier to just track down a PC or hook this one up again since that was drag and drop and really easy. That command line stuff is a bit trickier :)

5. ZildjianKX macrumors 68000

ZildjianKX

If you need any help, just post or message me. It's really pretty easy to use, just as long as you use Pogoshell. Do you have Virtual PC?

6. Foxglove9 thread starter macrumors 65816

Foxglove9

I'm kinda of a novice with this. I don't have Virtual PC either.

I've heard of pogoshell on PC when I was running pocketnes with my flashcard but I don't remember using it.