1. Welcome to the new MacRumors forums. See our announcement and read our FAQ

Anyone planning MOUNTING iPad in special place?

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by strangeday, Jan 28, 2010.

1. macrumors member

I know I won't shut up about iPad in the car :eek: But what about you? You have any special place in mind for it? I LOVE custom jobs on things and would really like to hear what you plan on doing with this gadget besides carrying it around.

2. macrumors 68000

Seems like allot people are just planning on mounting it.

3. macrumors member

Really? Haven't heard this from anyone here yet. I look forward to hearing what ideas they have.

4. macrumors 68040

Jaro65

Where? The bathroom?

:)

5. macrumors newbie

Behind the bike sheds was always a special place for me.

6. macrumors 68020

poppe

Actually I have a few places I'd love to mount it. The first and most important one would be having this as a 9" navigation system in my car.

The second would be to have a stand that is attached to my bed that swivels out and over so the pad is floating over me like a monitor, yet is in arms reach so I can still control and use it.

7. macrumors 6502a

Ooh, loving the bed-swively-thing.
    Maybe some sort of collarbone-mounting-device where you could have it a few inches in front of your face would be nice as well, but that MIGHT be going overboard...

8. macrumors 65816

Pixellated

I like the idea of it being a kind of 'Bed entertainment system', dare I call it that :D. I.E. stuff like EyeTV Live, Jaadu VNC, Youtube, Mail, and web in your bed.

9. macrumors 6502a

Artofilm

actually, just thinking about it. It'd be a VERY cool home music system. Mount the iPad onto the wall and connect it to the home speakers around the house. Then you've got a home music system-kiosk kinda thing.

It's not something I'd do but I just thought of that in about 10 seconds, give some time and I'm sure there will be some crazy things done with this!

10. macrumors 6502

I would mount one on my forearm so it's EVERYWHERE I go. :D

11. macrumors 603

roland.g

What's with all the bed stuff.

iPad, bed, girl (optional), lube, video, need I say more :D

12. macrumors Core

iBlue

Special places? Mounting? Custom jobs? ...Just what kind of thread is this?

13. macrumors 6502a

iWoz

Nice idea!

14. macrumors member

MattyBwrx

It would be cool to control tv,lights,window blinds,fans, etc sort of all in one remote that can browse the web and is a book reader.

15. macrumors 68040

bigjnyc

I would mount it in the toilet where crap belongs.:p

16. macrumors G3

dmr727

Only the best kind of thread!

17. macrumors 68020

iMJustAGuy

I thought it didn't have the GPS chip?

18. macrumors regular

Ditto, it's going to be pretty poor as a nav device without the GPS. I was a little surprised they even showed the map functionality during the introduction.

The iphone 3gs does great with nav with the gps. Other versions, not so much.

19. macrumors regular

I'm going to get an app that has constantly changing faces, tie it around my neck and wear it for Halloween. :D

20. macrumors 6502

The 3G model probably does. The tech specs say that the 3G model has "assisted GPS", which is the same phrase that the iPhone tech specs use for its GPS.

21. macrumors member

I am thinking of mounting it in my bedroom on a wall like in the middle of the room.
    But make it so it's removable of course :)

22. macrumors 68000

HiFiGuy528

In the car!

23. macrumors regular

iPad in the kitchen

I want to mount it either on the outside or inside of a cabinet. Mostly use for recipes. Eye level.