Anyone planning to sell??

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by illusioncm, Sep 16, 2003.

1. illusioncm macrumors newbie

Now that the new powerbooks are out, are you gonna sell your old one? If so, I want it! Or does anyone know where I can find a nice used one?
    Thanks

2. djtet macrumors regular

refurbished apple...

Go to apple's website and go to the store page. then scroll down the page and you'll see a link to the left of the page called special deals - save. Here you will find refurbished apple products and I believe right now they have a few older refurbished powerbooks!

3. moby1 macrumors 6502

4. illusioncm thread starter macrumors newbie

Aha..thanks guys. Does the new powerbook mean that the old one's (which are still in inventory) will be cheaper? Where can I find a brand new old (old as of today) model?
    Thanks again!

5. iPegboy macrumors regular

apple store

Just go to an Apple store, or call 1-800-MY APPLE....they'll be able to hook you up with an old, but new one. I have bought refirbed...you get the same warrenty and they look brand new. Just a thought..

6. ColoJohnBoy macrumors 65816

ColoJohnBoy

I'm considering, but I want to see reviews of the new 15" AlBook from reviewers and users. Considering I just bought my TiBook two months ago, there'd have to be some pretyt cool performance enhancements for me to sell and upgrade.

7. ExoticFish macrumors 6502a

ExoticFish

The inner depths of madness, aka Kent, OH
    i'm getting ready to through mine up on EBay.

the specs:

* 15" 1 GHz TiBook
    * 512 MB ram
    * 60 GB hard drive
    * airport card
    * Superdrive (oh yeah, it rocks!)

baught last November right when it came out so the warrenty is still in effect until this upcoming November.

i was thinking about asking $2000for it since the 15 now w/ similar specs is $2400

8. illusioncm thread starter macrumors newbie

What the heck does TiBook and AlBook stand for? Titanium/Aluminum? Sorry...I'm mac illiterate as of now...is a TiBook the same thing as a PowerBook? What about the AlBook?

9. ExoticFish macrumors 6502a

ExoticFish

yes, you got it right! see that intuition that comes along with being a mac user! TiBook is the Titanium Powerbook and AlBook is the Aluminum ones. =0)

10. illusioncm thread starter macrumors newbie

WTF...I would rather have Titanium! What's this Aluminum crap :p Also, did they get thicker? From 1" thick to 1 1/4"?? What's up with that? Hmmm...
    Thanks for the info guys-

11. ExoticFish macrumors 6502a

ExoticFish

i do agree that aluminum isn't anywhere near as cool as titanium, but i'm pretty sure that the 15" & 17" are actually thinner than 1" now, but the 12" is like 1 1/3" or something

12. Daveman Deluxe macrumors 68000

Daveman Deluxe

The 17" has the same dimensions as before but gained one-tenth of one pound, making its weight 6.9 pounds.

The 15" is one-tenth of one inch thicker, at 1.1", and gained two-tenths of one pound, at 5.6 pounds.

The 12" maintains the same dimensions and weight.

13. Powerbook G5 macrumors 68040

Powerbook G5

They are slightly thicker/heavier by the most minute percents. I doubt real world perception could tell much of a difference, though. Besides, for an extra 250 MHz, APE, BT, 2x Superdrive, light up keyboard, FW 800, USB 2.0, bigger, faster HD, twice the L2 cache, etc, I definitely don't mind an extra .1" thickness and an extra .2 lbs. My G3 is so much slower and weighs a pound more!

14. revenuee macrumors 68020

revenuee

Simular specs yes, but the Ti has no bluetooth build in, no airport extreme, no firewire 800, and no USB 2.0

1500 - 1800 seems more reasonable

15. ExoticFish macrumors 6502a

ExoticFish

well i started having my doubts about my asking price too until two people e-mailed me asking questions because they were interested in using the "Buy It Now" for $1950 (i did drop $50 when i put it up on EBay)

16. Powerbook G5 macrumors 68040

Powerbook G5

Dude, even if you jack up the price, you can sell anything on eBay. My dad sold my sister's flower power iMac for $200 more than when he bought it new for her! He used to complain how expensive Macs were but I kept telling him "Just wait until you see how much you can get away selling them for".