Anyone played Yoshi Island on DS?

Discussion in 'Games' started by gadgetgirl85, Feb 2, 2007.

1. gadgetgirl85 macrumors 68040

gadgetgirl85

What do you think of it? I'm thinking about getting it

2. e²Studios macrumors 68020

e²Studios

It's a lot of fun. Don't let the earlier levels fool ya. Later in the game the levels get rather challenging :)

Worth a buy in my opinion

Ed

3. siurpeeman macrumors 603

siurpeeman

as everyone says, it isn't as good as the original game. but it's still very solid and enjoyable. i even like the music, though a lot of people around these forums didn't.

4. gadgetgirl85 thread starter macrumors 68040

gadgetgirl85

How many worlds are there? Does it take very long to complete?

5. it5five macrumors 65816

it5five

There are 5 worlds. May not seem like a lot, but in the later worlds, you'll be spending a while trying to figure out the levels and actually pass them.

I'd recommend it, it's great.

Like Ed said, don't let the earlier levels fool you.

6. iBrandi macrumors member

I'm thinking of getting it as well. I purchased my DS today and got Animal Crossing: Wild World. I loved it on the GameCube. I also got Nintendogs: Chihuahua ( I have one!!) and SuperMario DS. I love it!!! :D

7. gadgetgirl85 thread starter macrumors 68040

gadgetgirl85

Bought it and stuck on level 1.3 already :eek: can't break down a wall Yoshi is meant to do it somehow. There are all these monster guys coming out of the hole next to him

8. SpaceJello macrumors 6502

Suck those monsters up and shoot them out as eggs and aim them towards the wall? I passed 1.3 :) so that may be what I did, but my enthusiasm stoped after world 1... I felt like its too much similar to the new Super Mario or even Princess Peach.

9. holamiamigos macrumors 6502a

the vertical screen gives a new twist... once you get used to it.. it'll be alright... oh and plus they hide things in the part where there is no screen so that pretty cool i guess

10. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

I don't like it too much but it was playable. I've had the game for a couple of months and I only played it like six times..it just hasn't pulled my attention.

Bless

11. SpaceJello macrumors 6502

actually i find the whole vertical thing to be annoying. Instead of showing you continuous vertical image, it cuts out the parts where the gap is, its really annoying.

12. Rovias macrumors member

Agreed. I got bored with it around World 3 and traded it in. It just doesn't have the magic of the original.

13. sikkinixx macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

Not nearly as good as the original but still pretty decent. THe two screen thing is kind of cool, but it gets annoying with the gap between the two screens. Also, they are no items like in the first one (ie. watermelon, +10 stars, etc) so it kinda ruins the bonus games for me. By tht end of world 3 I have 167 lives...so yeah...it's by no means very difficult!

I just got Kirby Squad or whatever it is called (kirby rocks) and while it is a blast...its so easy! All the games I am getting for my DS seem to be pretty low of the difficulty scale.....

14. it5five macrumors 65816

it5five

Wait until you get to world 5. You'll need those lives.

15. rocketg999 macrumors newbie

need help!

how do u beat 4-3? i'm stuck after throwing the number balls up and then i cant get past the falling blocks... mayb im jus stupid... lol jk

16. BurtonCCC macrumors 65816

BurtonCCC