Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mpetrides

macrumors 6502a
Feb 10, 2007
Love at first sight

No regrets here. It was love at first sight. I don't intend for my MBA to replace either my iMac (Intel) or my MacBook Pro but rather to provide a more compact, lighter alternative when size/weight matter.

I just wish I could get my mitts on a Superdrive and a USB dongle (access to intranet at work is via wired ethernet, not wireless).

TxMacAddict

macrumors 6502
Feb 4, 2008
There were a couple of things that sold me on the MBA:

1. Macbook dimensions
2. Macbook Pro style aluminum case & magnetic latch
3. LED backlit screen like MBP
4. backlit keyboard is a nice touch
5. only 3 lbs. but still has full size kb and 13.3" screen

Exactly what I was looking for except I would like more power of course.

raremage

macrumors 6502a
Nov 21, 2005
Orlando, Florida
While I wouldn;t say I regret getting mine, I do wonder if I shoud have grabbed the SSD instead of the entry level model.

Not because of any performance issues - I am pleasantly surprised at the performance that I have seen, including running Fusion VMs - but because of the potential for power savings.

PkennethV

macrumors 6502a
Aug 16, 2006
Toronto
While I wouldn;t say I regret getting mine, I do wonder if I shoud have grabbed the SSD instead of the entry level model.

Not because of any performance issues - I am pleasantly surprised at the performance that I have seen, including running Fusion VMs - but because of the potential for power savings.

There are now tests out comparing the battery life between the HDD and SSD and there is no real useful difference. Sorry, I would link you to the thread, but I don't remember which exactly (it's one of them that made it to the front page 2 or so days ago).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.