Anyone return wifi model for 4G?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by VenusianSky, Mar 17, 2012.

1. macrumors 65816

Aug 28, 2008
    I got a wifi model in the morning and later in the day, after using it for a bit, decided I made a mistake and should have got the 4G. Hey, it is my first iPad. So I exchanged it and feel better I did. I haven't activated it yet though.

Anyone else do the same?
  2. macrumors 65816

Nov 3, 2009
    Not with this iPad but I did with the iPad 2. I had convinced myself wifi was enough but having always on connectivity is too nice to give up. I'm still amazed by how much faster Verizon LTE is than 3G. I do think Apple charges way too much for the jump to 4G/GPS and it would be in their interest to have more always connected iPads than not.
  3. thread starter macrumors 65816

Aug 28, 2008
    I too convinced myself that wifi was enough, and that I could always setup the hotspot on my iphone. After thinking about it, with my iPad in hand, I realized I would have to dump my unlimited data plan for my phone. I figure that it would be better to just pay the extra for the 4g model and decide later when I want to use the data service.
  4. macrumors 68040

Jul 28, 2007
    I hedge both ways and ordered both wifi and LTE model.

Since my LTE Verizon ipad works.with att sim plus my Galaxy nexus lte sim from verizon.

Its a no brainer to keep the Verizon ipad since data does.not.cost me.any extra since i can slide Verizon microsim from lte galaxy nexus into ipad.

I have att iphone 4s as my main phone anyways.

Returning unopened 64 gb wifi model to on Monday to avoid weekend crowds.
  5. macrumors 68040

Apr 30, 2010
    Both my iPad 2 and now 3 are both cellular ready. I had needed it before and would never regret having it.
  6. macrumors newbie

Mar 9, 2012
    Pre-ordered a Wi-Fi only model. Went to the store yesterday to pick up a 4G Verizon. Never looking back.