Anyone return wifi model for 4G?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by VenusianSky, Mar 17, 2012.

1. macrumors 65816

VenusianSky

I got a wifi model in the morning and later in the day, after using it for a bit, decided I made a mistake and should have got the 4G. Hey, it is my first iPad. So I exchanged it and feel better I did. I haven't activated it yet though.

Anyone else do the same?

2. macrumors 65816

Not with this iPad but I did with the iPad 2. I had convinced myself wifi was enough but having always on connectivity is too nice to give up. I'm still amazed by how much faster Verizon LTE is than 3G. I do think Apple charges way too much for the jump to 4G/GPS and it would be in their interest to have more always connected iPads than not.

3. macrumors 65816

VenusianSky

I too convinced myself that wifi was enough, and that I could always setup the hotspot on my iphone. After thinking about it, with my iPad in hand, I realized I would have to dump my unlimited data plan for my phone. I figure that it would be better to just pay the extra for the 4g model and decide later when I want to use the data service.

4. macrumors 68040

I hedge both ways and ordered both wifi and LTE model.

Since my LTE Verizon ipad works.with att sim plus my Galaxy nexus lte sim from verizon.

Its a no brainer to keep the Verizon ipad since data does.not.cost me.any extra since i can slide Verizon microsim from lte galaxy nexus into ipad.

I have att iphone 4s as my main phone anyways.

Returning unopened 64 gb wifi model to apple.store on Monday to avoid weekend crowds.

5. macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

Both my iPad 2 and now 3 are both cellular ready. I had needed it before and would never regret having it.

6. macrumors newbie

Pre-ordered a Wi-Fi only model. Went to the store yesterday to pick up a 4G Verizon. Never looking back.